Saturday, January 1

Glitz and Glam

Usually, I would make more of a big deal for New Years Day. Even when I didn't have a blog, I'd write a short something something about ends. New beginnings. But I just don't care this year. This year, I want to talk about something more materalistic. Don't worry, it's just a tad  more shallow. 

Sequins! I've hated sequins for a long, long time. I remember my mom would get me some t-shirt and it would be covered with cheap, disguising sequins. I sighed when I realized it was a trend this year. To my surprise, I didn't hate sequins this year. 

I think they can be worn very wrong, but ... can also look nice. I wonder if I can pull it off. 

Sequins are festive, but I don't want to look cheap.
Charlotte Russe
I think this can look very nice paired with something more conservative. I'd definitely want to try it on though, it might be too short.

Charlotte Russe
 This one looks rather okay as well. 


Charlotte Russe
An example of something I'm not okay with. 

Keeping all this in mind, I went shopping. Now, before I show you the pictures, I'm going to ask for forgiveness. I'm not the most photogenic individual. In fact... pretty much the opposite. And yes, these were taken in the pitch dark. They were taken approximately 10pm on Christmas day when a friend and I decided to take a walk.



Top: Forever 21 (12.80)
Skirt: Forever 21 (12.50)
Tights: Forever 21 (unknown)
Boots: Target: (29.99)
Bag: from China (approx 35$)

I have a blog post planned for the journey I went through to find those boots. It wasn't easy, let me tell ya!

Oh yeah, Happy New Years. 

3 comments:

  1. i love sequin skirts but haven't had the guts to wear them yet! i love what you picked out and agree that when paired with a more conservative top, you can definitely pull it off!

    and can't wait to read the boots story! :)

    cuteandlittle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love! I always wanted something sequined but haven't found the perfect one yet...I love the skirts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute skirt. Loved how you paired it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!