Saturday, November 20

Where am I today?

I'm actually in Irvine, CA mocking up a storm. 

Mocking up a storm?

A tad of history is appropriate here, I suppose. I love speaking to a large group of people. I  participated in speech and debate in high school. Yeah, I'm that kind of nerd.


My life in college is now all about Mock Trial.
Mock Trial, also known as Moot Court, is a team activity. On the undergraduate college level, it's governed by AMTA, or American Mock Trial Association. I've been doing this activity for three years and it's caused me endless stress and joy. In each round, teams from two schools go head to head against each other. At minimum, there's six people on each team. Three people make up the bench, or the attorneys. Three more people are witnesses. Think of a lawyer show like Law and Order. There's an opening statement, direct examinations to allow the witness tell their story, cross examinations to take away credibility from the witness, and a closing argument. 

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your mock trialing!

    I did debate in high school too - and I joined because of a boy but we still ended up winning the city championship!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!