Thursday, January 27

Feasts from Long Ago


When I cook, I don't... follow recipes, per say. For some reason, following directions to a T is very difficult for me. If I find something online, I'll be sure to link it. =)

Over thanksgiving break (yeah, that long ago, sorry!) I had a friend over. We had a little dinner party of sorts. 



First, we made a hot spinach and artichoke dip.  Only we didn't use the oven and we used asparagus instead of artichokes. I went to the store to look for artichokes, but I didn't know how to eat them! Now I know that artichoke hearts come in cans. This recipe's great! Not healthy at all, but cheap and easy to make party appetizer food.

Next, we made mashed potatoes with onions and mushrooms. It tasted good, but I found that it was a really strange texture. The mashed potatoes were a bit flavorless. After picking out the onions and mushrooms I threw away the mashed potatoes. 

9 comments:

  1. Hi Aki, I got your comment about wanting to get an internship in accounting. I'm not sure what stage you're at in school, but if you're still in college, I'd look into different business related clubs at your University/College. There is a professional Accounting one called Beta Alpha Psi (BAP) and they often hold a lot of meetings where you can meet business people in your community. I know that a lot of big accounting firms look for specific BAP people and even hold BAP only interviews. Another thing you can do is talk to your business school counselor about internships. Find out what the big businesses in your area (in mine, it's Boeing, Starbucks, Amazon, Costco, etc.) and ask around to see if any of them have internship programs. But I think the best bet would be to connect with your school counselors and clubs. That was the easiest route because companies love to recruit from local universities.

    I hope this helps somewhat. But if you're still in school, findind something while you're in it is a huge help! If you're out of school, let me know, I can also give you some tips about how to connect with your local business contacts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, I love spinach dips! And spinach itself, but only if it's fresh. The potatoes and mushrooms and onions picture looks delicious.. It's too bad the potato part didn't taste good :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The mashed potatoes with mushrooms and onions looks great!!! A shame it doesn't taste as well!! But that dip looks incredible!! Believe it or not, I don't have the habit of having nachos with dips; but that is something that I would love to try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm, you are quite the chef! the spinach and artichoke dip looks so tasty. and how amazing that asparagus works in place of artichoke! :)

    cute and little
    come enter my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love spinach dip! i could eat a whole tub! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. They both look really good! Maybe some extra salt would have helped the mashed potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. next time try adding some cream cheese and/or butter to your mashed potatoes...or even goat cheese if you're feeling adventurous!

    http://adorablydeliciouslp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!