Saturday, February 5

Be Alone Today

There was a small tragedy this morning. While I was cleaning out my IKEA french press, the strainer portion fell apart. I tried to put it back together, but I couldn't. My coffee was extra grainy. I knew I put it together wrong and I couldn't stop thinking about it.  After one mug, I thought, "Oh no! What if the other part fell down the drain?" I rush over to check the sink, but thank Diety, it's still there. Mr. French Press isn't the same as it was, but... crisis averted.

This past week has been stressful. I have a feeling this upcoming week will be too. So I returned to something I love. A while ago, I found this poem performed by Tanya Davis. Please watch it. I don't really know if I can do it justice trying to explain. It's amazing. It lifts me up.



I listen to her voice often--when I'm alone. She tells me that things will be more than just alright.

7 comments:

  1. This has been in my YouTube favorites since like August. It always makes me feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, feel better soon, sends you virtual hugs <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take whatever can inspire you and feel the creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment, it made my day! I like your blog. Lets follow eachother?

    hope you having a wonderful weekend!

    xoxo
    allymullin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for sharing! what a beautiful poem. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya! Thanks for commenting on my post, and for sharing this great poem!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful piece of poetry in motion. Tanya Davis is just genius ! I think it's quite necessary to be alone at times and it's nice that you've found something you can turn to when you need it such as this ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!