Tuesday, April 5

Arizona Blogger Recap #947854

Okay, fine, there weren't 947853 other bloggers at the Arizona Blogger Meetup, but there were a lot more than I expected. 

My adventure started in February when I saw a post about a meetup. Now, I'd seen pictures from other meetups and I was very interested in attending. A few people posted their interest and I started looking through their blogs. At that point, I didn't think there were many bloggers in Arizona. I followed a few and moved on. A month down the road, my Saturday schedule cleared up and I decided I wanted to go. Then a week before the meetup, Mock Trial interfered again. Ultimately, I got to go for a short period of time.

I brought my camera, but when I saw everyone else's (cameras and skills) I just decided to take minimal pictures! None of these pictures are mine.

I got lost both on the way to the meet up and on the way back home but we're going to glean over that fact just like this. See? Now we're done. A group of bloggers waited in Civic Park Plaza for a few minutes, getting to know each other (there were blogs with followings in the thousands and followings in the tens) before we set off on a walking tour.  

credit: karie denny
Since everyone was handed nametags where we put our names and blogs I tried to look at everyone's nametags to see if I recognized anyone. Everything was delightfully awkward because I was in absolute interview mode from my recent job applications.

One of the things I noticed was how "on trend" everyone was. Everyone looked nice (okay, fine, there were going to be pictures taken and these pictures would be on the internet). Past that though, I noticed that there were a lot of people wearing floral prints and a lot of people wearing striped prints (I was one). When we walked as a group, it looked a little bit like a vintage runway.
credit: karie denny

Our first stop was the Phoenix Public Market. I've never heard of it or been there before, but I definitely want to go again. A lot of people asked me about what the event was and one person even (a bit oddly) invited me to do a "review" of sorts on his business. So, look forward to that post!
credit: karie denny

I also visited a few vintage boutiques downtown. These are not places I usually visit or shop, so that was an extra treat!

Yes, I did go through a lot of photos to find me in them! Here's a flickr group of the event for your stalking pleasure. The entire experience was a bit surreal. I get this feeling when I visit a new blog-- I look at the layout, I look at the type of posts, I look at the pictures and I read the "about" page. This meetup was like I was doing all of that in person. I think I asked everyone I met where they lived. I'm sorry. If it makes you feel any better, I don't remember. =)

I only wish there was "forced interaction" and intermingling. I was shy and didn't speak to as many people as I wish I could have.  Thanks again to the organizers from Sometimes Sweet, Roofresh, and Tea Talk

9 comments:

  1. I agree completely about the forced mingling... I'm quite shy by nature and although I met tons of new blog friends I didn't meet everyone there, which is a bummer! It was nice to meet you though! =)

    MuffinLovesBiscuit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. I like the second picture a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw! I can imagine how chic the meetup is! I am shy and quiet too in meetups...I am socially awkward!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, my city needs one of these! How cool is that, this whole meet-up looks amazing. Yes, I see all the florals and prints in the pictures, it looks cute, i guess you all must be pretty trendy! http://thearcenciel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. the meet up must have been so fun, and lol that's cute that you all had name tags, I love that pic of you guys walking down the street :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blogger meetup sounds so cool - I would've personally felt so weird though, because you think you know someone online, and they could be completely different in person!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw it sounds so cool!

    xoxo
    www.afashionhouseofcards.blogspot.com
    New update online! Come check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow so many people came out for your meetup!! how cool and i love the fashion!

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is quite the meetup! Would you do it again?

    Love the new header!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!