Tuesday, April 12

Cornish Pasty Co Restaurant Review

Yesterday was very annoying. If you live anywhere in Arizona, you might have heard that Arizona State University's main campus had a power outage. It lasted from about ten am to five pm. For the majority of that time, I was on campus, waiting to see if I still had to go to classes (I did and we sat in the dark) and club meetings (I didn't. But then the power came back, so I did. But no one else showed up...so as soon as I got there, everyone left.) One of those days, you know?

Back to your regularly scheduled post. One of the things that I've wanted to do  with this blog is include restaurant reviews. I constantly see cool places on the travel channel and cool events in other cities. I think Phoenix can be cool too. ...It can right? That's why I go to events like this and restaurants like this. 

Cornish Pasty Co is hidden away on University and Hardy. Next to Discount Food. Oh, you know how it is.

When you go in, you almost expect something shady.


It's definitely smaller than any restaurant you're used to, but it's really cozy. 




The menu is shaped like the restaurant. I took a picture of what Cornish Pasties are. My friend and what I ordered and what my friend ordered, that'd be the Sherpard's Pie and the Bangers and Mash. 

Then after a while, the food came! It so so hearty and delicious. Enough for two full meals! The bread was crispy and flaky (and when it was leftovers, it was soggy but still yummy). The stuffing was so hearty. 


We also ordered dessert. It was really good, don't get me wrong but... the waitress said they took it right out of the freezer. ...Yeah, CLEARLY. This was so tough that I used all of my upper body strength (which isn't that much, I understand, but nonetheless!) to push through the graham cracker. 

Come for the pasty, but skip the dessert.

I've also heard that this place is pretty lively as a bar late at night. I am not of drinking age, but it seems like a cool atmosphere.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds so yummy! There was a place in London called the West Cornwall Pasty Company. I used to pass them on the way to the tube every single day, and yet I never ever went in. Now I'm really wishing I did! Your pasty looks delicious and it definitely looks like enough to feed 2, which is always a good thing in my book! Thanks for the recommendation! Oh, and I most certainly won't be ordering frozen dessert! Haha!

    Happy Tuesday!
    MuffinLovesBiscuit

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum, i'll have to check that out next time I stop in tempe on my way up to prescott :) I totally love the idea of restaurant reviews... especially since we both live in az so i'll totally benefit from it haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard so many good things about this place. Can we please go next time I'm in town?! It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks delicious! hehe I didn't know you aren't of drinking age yet, you need to come to Quebec in Canada where the drinking age is 18 lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dessert looks a-m-a-z-i-n-g!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I. Frigging. Love. Cornish. Pasty. In my rebel college days, I dated a guy who lived in the apartments just behind that complex and we'd walk there all drunk (I was underage, so hardcore) and get pasties. They also serve Mickeys there, which is a simultaneously awful and delicious beer, which makes it even awesomer in my book. So this has made me sound like a complete alcoholic. I'm not. But seriously, those pasties are delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omggggg I loove Cornish pastys I can't seem to find them here but it try to eat as many as humanely possible when I visit England haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been there! Sooo delicious! When you are of drinking age, you will have to go there for their Strong Bow on tap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooo yummy! My rotating fav's are the Chicken Greek and the chicken with portabello mushrooms, but I usually get a bite of whatever my friend/Bf is eating, so I can honestly say that everything is good! They have another location in Mesa that has a lot more room, but I just prefer the Tempe location.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!