Tuesday, April 19

Yummy Yummy Cat Pee

Way before the holiday season, Lush sent out an email, saying they were hiring. I had to try out. 

It was unlike any other job interview I'd ever done. The sales assistants had several different stations set up. Haircare, massage bars, jellies, bath bombs and skincare. Applicants went though each of them and listened to the assistant talk, then demonstrated the products on each other. I have to admit that it was an intense two hour process. It really tested your public speaking skills, your knowledge about the products and your enthusiasm. I didn't get a call back for the job (which was just as well, because I wouldn't have been good for my addiction), but I did get a free shower gel out of it! It's one of those tiny 3.3 ounce bottles. But because I rotate my shower gels so much, it's lasted me a very long time. 
via deliciousmagazine
I was not a fan of this smell at first. It's not great in the bottle. It smells synthetic and sugary.  I've heard Lushies talk about a "cat pee" smell that comes from some products. I thought this could have been it, but I've never owned a cat so I don't know. 

When I put it on in the shower, I become a fan of the smell. I do have to warn that the formula is very runny. You may be tempted to use a lot of it but despite how thin it is, it still foams up nicely! It's not especially moisturizing, but not drying either.The smell sticks with you well enough. It'll never be one of my favorite smells but I do enjoy it every time I use it.  The smell that it leaves on your skin is a cross between cotton candy and bubble gum. Since I love really strong, sweet smells, this wasn't bad for me. It may be too much if you want something more subtle.

At the moment, YYY is discontinued. It may return in Retro!  

11 comments:

  1. Well, with that glowing review...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm.... Yummy Yummy Cat Pee doesn't sound too nice... It did make me smile though! =)

    <3 MuffinLovesBiscuit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bubble gum sounds like a yummy smell! Cat pee though would be wierd lol! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cat pee?
    Um.
    Pass.

    P.S. That interview sounds horrendous. I probably would have barfed from nerves and given up right away. Kudos for making it through.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a cool interview! And they gave you some free gel, which is nice. Hmmm cat pee...interesting...
    http://thearcenciel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, I would've done terribly in an interview like that - I may have even frozen up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've always wondered about lush's hiring process. their employees could sell anything and i would buy it. they are so convincing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've only tried Lush's bath bombs.. the one I used was red and it made it look like I was in a pool of blood lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol cat pee?! well glad this smells more like cotton candy than cat pee! Lush looks great and smells delicious but sometimes I do wonder if the products are any more than that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not sure what it was called - it was a Christmas one shaped like Santa Claus :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!