Thursday, May 19

Eyeliner Search

Guys, confession, I just got into makeup last year. And my eyeliner... more or less just ran out. I've been on a search for new ones, but all I've found are duds. I picked up this eyeliner during the CVS sale because of some good reviews. But, I hate this eyeliner. 

What is it? It's the Physician's Formula Eye Definer Felt-Tip Eye Marker. Before I continue on this hate rant, I have to preface it all with a disclaimer. I've used pencil liner and I've used liquid liner. I haven't used this type of eyeliner before.


As you can see from the packaging, it actually looks like a sharpie. How quaint. If only it worked. I was so excited to use this and I had such high expectations. 



I can't really show using pictures what happened when I used this eyeliner, so I'll describe using my words. I took out the eyeliner and tentatively made a swatch on my hand. It looked great. It was a nice, thick, full line. 

So, I rushed to my vanity to put it on. Nothing. Nothing came out. Maybe I wasn't pressing hard enough? I press down a little bit harder. Nothing. I try again but I decide that my sight isn't worth a $2.37 eyeliner (purchased at the CVS sale a few months ago). But, I did pay for it, so I go back to it a few days later. I try it out of a piece of paper and it makes a line. I use it on my eyelid and it made a smudge and then nothing. To cut a long, frustrating story short, whatever device dispenses the eyeliner fluid only works if you press down very hard and very near the marker side of the eyeliner (versus the tip). 


Why didn't I return it? I lost the packaging. I'll have to remember to try products out before I toss the packaging out.

16 comments:

  1. I am here to solve your problems: this is the "felt tip" eyeliner you have been waiting for. I bought mine at Walgreens, but you are also able to order it online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it does look just like a sharpie. Kind of boring :/ That's too bad that it didn't work and you don't have the packaging to return it!

    I'm awful at liquid eyeliners, so normally I use the Maybelline gel liner (which I loooove, but smudges sometimes), but I recently won a giveaway that included L'Oreal Paris Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner, and it's great for a beginner like me. It's super easy to apply (the felt tip is a little flexible), and it's very forgiving if you mess up. Q-tip + eye makeup remover + eyeliner booboo = GONE. It also stays on for hours otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my first eyeliner was a felt tip liquid liner. i forget what brand it was, but it was AWFUL. however, i recall having the complete opposite problem. so much product would bleed and create the biggest mess ever! i've since given up on any kind of liquid liner. they just do not seem to work as well, or have enough precision for my liking.

    i'd recommend cream/gel liners. i find them much easier to use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ew. That doesn't seem pleasant at all. I hate when eyeliner fails. It's such a critical part of my makeup routine.
    I love Make Up For Ever eyeliners, and Revlon makes an awesome waterproof eyeliner. I have literally slept with it on, taken a shower, and gone to work with it still in tact from the night before. It's amazing.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  5. as far as eyeliner pencil- i use almay, black. it's nothing fancy, but it's easy to apply, it's cheap, and you can get it at the drug store.

    for liquid liner- maybe try MAC liquid pot and apply with a flat, slanted brush. it's easier to get a smooth line and extend without smudging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww it's a shame it didn't work :( I hate when something seems promising and doesn't work out like you want it too.

    I got the eye lash boosted from PF and it's the same concept as that liner and LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Damn, I'm sorry to hear it didn't work. It looks like it could be quite a product!
    Oh well, keep searching :)
    thanks for visiting my blog and leaving love too!

    xx

    http://aprilialove.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's not good if it requires so much effort. I've tried eye shadows from this brand and they were good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you :| It seemed like it had promise tho! Onwards with the seach! :)

    http://samalamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Man... that s pretty annoying. I remember buying one with the same problem. Perhaps its dried out, try placing it in warm water and shake it vigorously. Otherwise, i love eyeliner and i find that the cheapest pencil ones are the best with the right consistency.

    I always do buy mac, but they smudge a lot. another good one was a dior and also chanel is good but honestly im using just a cheap one from the chemist and its perfect!

    thanks for dropping by my blog :)

    xx

    www.dineinstilettos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that's pretty bad! I'm sorry to hear that! I never wear eyeliner, only mascara but I'm sure you'll find a better one! xxooxxoo

    ReplyDelete
  12. So disappointing! I was excited for a second. If you find one let us know!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh! there are so many marker-style eyeliner around here, mostly made in asia. they're ok, but i am just not used to them, i tend to be careless when handling my eyeliner and i need the result to be 5mm thick, and these aren't good for drawing multiple lines. so i stick with gel/good pencil.
    this is one of the famous ones here:
    http://www.bobodave.com/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=948

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so frustrating! I'm sorry to hear that. I hate when stuff like that happens to me. Happy weekend!

    Heather
    www.oliveanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. ohh i am so bad with eyeliner..it always takes me an hour to get it right :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. How frustrating! I tried a Loreal Gel eyeliner once and it was all dried out and would NOT line.

    Right now, I'll either use Loreal Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral Eyeliner (which is a nice, dark powder that I'll use for tight-lining) or Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner for regular eye-lining.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!