Saturday, May 14

Still learnin'.

Confession: I wore this on New Year's Eve. It's May in Arizona and ... well, I have no idea where the scarf and sweater even went. I pulled out this old picture because 1) I miss the cold and 2) I'm just slow at editing, uploading and writing. That's how this post and this post happens. /endexcuses

At first, this outfit looks really sloppily put together. It's my fault. I don't really know how to dress in layers because usually, in Arizona, the most I have to put on is two. It was below freezing on New Year's Eve and required more than two layers. So, what I wore ended up looking sloppy. 



However, I'd like to redeem myself my letting you know that I can dress in two layers. See below.

Scarf: New York and Company (Unknown)
Cardigan: Charlotte Russe (Old)
Shirt: Forever 21 (Unknown)
Jeans: Toxic (Unknown)
Sweater: Sonoma Lifestyle (Old)
Shoes: Nine West Oxfords (Stolen from my mom)

I really love that this outfit defined my waist so well and showed off that gorgeous blue material in the shirt. I miss clothes and wish I didn't have to wear them at all during the summer. Fortunately for everyone else, I still do.

19 comments:

  1. Layering is actually tougher than people think. It's difficult to layer without appearing bulky. Living in the Midwest, I have a lot of experience with this, but I know that, in Arizona, you really don't have to layer up very often.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realize that layering is not easy since the result sometimes can be a little sloppy, as you pointed out. But I mean, we have to keep ourselves warm. I am not the kind of person who goes out with just a thin layer of clothes, even when temperature is really low. Therefore, layering is the answer to this problem.
    Btw, the shirt is indeed beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked this post. I don't think that I'm all that great at layering and wish that I were better. Awesome blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute blue blouse and it takes talent to layer well so kudos to you! lol...I'm this close to spending my weekends in pajamas if I could! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here in Ohio layering is a must because of the freezing cold weather and abundant snow we get during the winter. I think you did a lovely job with layering though! I just love that silky blue blouse... so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed the cold too but got some of it today (and was crazy excited about 50 degree weather). That blue color looks gorgeous with the gray and you're right - it does nicely emphasize your waist!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cant say I miss the cold, at all! But I'm sure it's much warmer in Arizona than in CT.

    I like your shiny top, so cute for New years eve!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love layering!

    http://www.ohmydior.org/

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am deathly afraid of the cold and have a had time layering properly. when its that cold, i just dont care and need to be warm. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. super cute outfit!! looks amazing on you!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am horrible at putting together outfits! I need to go on what not to wear

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how the 2-layer outfit defined your waist too! Whew! Hot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That shirt is so beautiful, I loveee it! Definitely a cute outfit. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. great job layering! it is actually really difficult and you did this so well! love the shiny blingy top and the casual cardi and jeans!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I must admit the second outfit does look much better! Love the shiny top.

    http://red-soledfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely outfit! The top looks very nice:)


    Ps: you can still join our Chanel giveaway ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for all your kind comments. I hope to learn from you in layering more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!