Tuesday, June 28

A balanced meal.


Alright, not as much balanced in diet as ... I balanced it on a plate. But look, I balanced it on a plate!

So let's go over what's here. 

The Soup.This was a from the can soup. Only, it was from a carton. After reading several blog posts on butternut squash, I really wanted to try it in soup form. I got something from Trader Joe's and I tried it. Unfortunately, not a fan. I put tortilla chips in it to make it tastier though. After more sodium... it was good.
The Steak.I was proud of this one. I used a pre-prepared sauce and marinated it for half an hour. I think when we put it on the heat, we cooked it for a tad too long and it was a little dry. Ultimately though, it was well-done and yummy.
The Tortellini. This was store-brought as well. I just wanted sides for my steak meal. Dropped this in water and boiled it. I'd never had tortellini before this meal.

25 comments:

  1. Cheese tortellini is probably one of my most favorite foods... other than chocolate cake of course! ;)


    <3 MuffinLovesBiscuit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tortellini. I really only eat it when Mr. A orders it because I won't order it on my own -- I don't know why. I prefer to steal his, I guess.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love canned soup, as unhealthy as it is. but i;ve never tried butternut squash before. The tortellini looks good, now i want to make some haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good, I love steak...not a big fan of soups.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm miam. it looks so delicious !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Natural Make up still the best ! :) Thank you for your comment :)

    xoxo A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy! The steak looks super delicious! xoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep...tortellini is delicious...you should try it in soup!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tortellini is sooo yummy! Your meal looks tasty :)

    -Jules

    ReplyDelete
  10. omggggg im drooling!! =[ i love carbs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thx for your comment on my blog..

    maybe you gonna be my next follower...if you want that :)

    your meal looks great and i hope it was tasty :)

    http://addicted-to-all.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the steak!! I know eating steak is sometimes considered a big ordeal, but fortunately, it's actually pretty simple to prepare with a great taste payoff! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. it looks delicious~~~~yum~~~~~




    jessy
    threenothing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks really delicious and satisfying ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your plate looks super duper yummy! Especially the steak.

    I love thrifting! But I think its borderline becoming an obsession, hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmm that looks positively delicious! And as long as you balance it on a plate means balanced enough! ;P x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for the sweet comments... that steak looks AMAZING... so juicy and just nicely cooked!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks balanced to me! You know what might have been good? Mixing the tortellini into the soup. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  19. sodium usually makes everything taste better (I so wish it didn't though... BLOAT!)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yummy!!!! Seeing this I really got hungry! Lol

    Bisous!!!

    Chez Carolinette

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love tortellini! ^-^
    This meal sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!