Thursday, June 23

Covergirl Liquiline Blast Eyeliner and Maybelline Volum' Express



Remember how I was on an eyeliner search? It continues.

For eyeliner, I got Covergirl Liquiline Blast Eyeliner. Which was none of your recommendations. I know. I know. If it excuses me at all, this is actually a backlogged post and I got this eyeliner before my first eyeliner search post went up. I have an eyeliner that I really like right now, so.... stay tuned for that.



I thought this would be a twist up pencil liner, but it was one of those that you sharpened. That was the first thing that I disliked about it. I know a lot of people swear by pencil liners that you sharpen and I absolutely understand why... but this one was a little bit ridiculous.
Once I realized that you had to sharpen this pencil, I stuck it in my pencil sharpener (Ew, I know) and I gave it a twist. Nothing. I tried again and eventually, I had to look up how to sharpen this eyeliner. To my surprise, I was not the only one with questions. A lot of people were having trouble and suggested putting it into the fridge for a few hours. I did that and it was a bit better but the pencil was so soft it didn't survive the sharpening very well. I also couldn't sharpen it very well, so at any time, the eyeliner would have some sharp pencil shards attached to it.

And that HURT. So, after it got down to two or three inches in length, I didn't feel bad tossing it. It went on really smoothly, but this whole sharpening business was more trouble than it was worth.

The second product I got was mascara because my Loreal Voluminous was drying up fast. I purchased the Maybelline Volum' Express and I had a much better experience with this.





This mascara works pretty well in giving me volume and a tad of length. The only thing it doesn't do is help me keep the curl in my lashes, so they still stick straight down after I apply it. To date though, I haven't found anything that keeps my lashes curled.

7 comments:

  1. I think I am the only person on Earth who struggles with applying liquid liner.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  2. i need a new mascara! that one does look pretty awsome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always use the mascara by Dior, blackout. Never disappoints!

    Kiss Mich!


    See me if you want!
    http://adayoflife-mich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, sometimes posts just get mixed up and I end up posting something really old. Too bad about that first one! Ouch! Glad the second one proved to be better.

    http://red-soledfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow interesting reviews. They are actually really helpful. I may try that mascara now.

    Cindy
    Style Soufflé

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm not too familiar with your eyeliner recommendations post, but if no one has suggested the mac fluidliner, that is a great one!

    XO,
    SSDS

    http://sweatshirtdressshirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That mascara is one of my favorites! I'll probably go back to it after I finish the ones I'm currently using. Have you tried any waterproof formulas? I find that those are better at keeping my lashes curled =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!