Tuesday, July 5

More smellies!

Despite my love for Lush, I started out sniffing things at a much bigger store--Bath and Body Works, to be exact. Even though sniffing things makes me sound like some type of drug addict. Actually, that's fair, this is almost a drug.

I've been looking for a perfume/body spray and  trying a few scents out. 

Carried Away
via weheartit

Is this the cutest packaging ever or what? I feel like I'm determined to like this for that reason. I tried the fragrance mist. It's described as "a whimsical blend of lush raspberries, white jasmine and whipped vanilla" but all I smelled at first was an overwhelming scent of flowers. As someone with allergies, I am not fond of flower scents. About ten minutes later, the flower scents disappeared and I smelled lightly of vanilla. Then the scent disappeared altogether. This wasn't bad, but it wasn't a favorite. 

Dark Kiss


I first tried the body lotion from this collection. The first thing I smelled was clay. It was not awesome. But then my arm felt so so so soft. Then I took another whiff and it no longer smelled like clay. It smelled like something sweet and tangy. The company says that Dark Kiss is a mix of "dark berries with a kiss of vanilla". That sounds right for what I smelled, but Bath and Body Works also says that key fragrance notes include "sensual incense, Mirabelle plum, and night musk". I must not be digging the incense and night musk. This was the body spray I ended up getting. It's delightful!

P.S. I Love You

My friends and I went to a Bath and Body Works Outlet and we picked up some older fragrances for cheap! We all got little 3 ounce bottles for a dollar. I got this in shower gel form. It smells a lot more flowery than anything else I've liked... but for some reason, it appeals to me. I think it's because the scent is very, very light. I almost smell a bit of lychee syrup in it. It's top notes are "Sparkling Riesling, Golden Amber, Hypnotic Incense and Bright Rose Petals."

Black Raspberry Vanilla

I'm noticing a raspberry/vanilla trend! I got this ages ago when it was a gift with purchase. (You know how BBW does their buy 10 dollars get a signature item free?) This lotion works decently, but is a bit thick for my liking. The scent it has on directly after application is too synthetic, not my cup of tea. Later, though it improves to a light sweet, berry scent. Its top notes are "Juicy Blackberry, Bergamot, Anjou Pear, Vanilla Orchard  and Taffeta Musk". 

18 comments:

  1. man, those are so tempting! I really suck at buying perfumes cause I'm so indecisive and I always end up sniffing to much too the point that my nose gets all numb :I

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Carried Away as a body lotion and shower gel, I LOVE it!

    xx Grace
    Dream-Boating

    ReplyDelete
  3. the first bottle is really cute! too bad it didn't live up to expectations...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Bath and Body is my favorite place to get my romantic smelling scents... The 'carried away' is my absolute favorite... I have a mini bottle I carry with me all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I love PS I love you. I got that and Japanese Cherry Blossom from BBW. I love their scents because it's not too fruity and not too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comment dear, the t-shirt says PROVOCATORY KENNEDY :) following youu!

    http://flavorforyoureyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your lovely comment!! I love the vanilla smell! My favourite perfume is called Scarlett and Noa too! Have a nice week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dark Bliss sounds like it smells really good! I need to buy a new body spray too! :)

    star-crossed smile

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found your blog, this is great. i really like Bath and Body works. Lush is a really cool store too, it smells so strong in there my nose starts burning sometimes, hhaha...But I love their bath stuff, Looks like you got some great products and that's nice your friend works at the outlet.

    Following you now
    xoDale
    I have a fashion blog here in San Francisco
    www.savvyspice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice review! We don't have these product in Italy I guess and I still have to find what is working for me!!
    xx
    http://dontcallmefashionblogger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know what? I really need to make more of an effort to find a perfume of some sort. I mean, I really like to smell nice. I just never take the time to find the right one for me. This review is great because I love Bath and Body Works stuff. I'll start with these. Thanks!

    Oh, and about your comment on my blog...I live on the central coast of California and in the summertime, the weather is usually sunny with a slight breeze. Perfect weather for shorts and a sweater. Kinda weird eh?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for your nice comments! Nice blog you have. I am your new follower. Would be great if you follow me too:-)
    hugs,
    xx
    Ask Erena
    http://askerena.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute blog
    http://mrsjuliajulia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the P.S. I love you scent... it's so delicious!

    Come visit my blog :)
    Simply Lera

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm the type of person who falls for the packaging right before smelling the actual fragance! These sound great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You sounds like me. I'm absolutely obsessed with perfumes! I used to be a one-woman-scent, but not anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I try to avoid going in this store because I wind up getting sucked into their "Buy X for $#" deals ALL the time. They do have the best scents and I especially love all their antibacterial hand gels - very travel friendly :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!