Monday, July 25

My Life Is Average Mondays: Marriage!


Saturday morning, I was walking to my class on Mill Ave. Now, a bit of a background on Mill Ave. It's a gorgeous place, full of restaurants, bars and local boutiques. It's right next to my college campus, a huge school of 60k plus. There's a lot of drunken bar hopping on the weekend, but it's also a great local attraction.

So, Mill can be a shady place. I've been cat-called (which is generally harmless). My friend and I have also been followed across the street to be asked out by two guys. That's nothing threatening, but I've also heard of a friend getting held up at gunpoint a bit behind Mill.

For my class, I park in a badly paved lot on the opposite side of a parking garage. I walk through that parking garage to get to my class. It makes me a little nervous, especially at night but I'm generally okay in the mornings. ...Except for this one.

I'm walking through, minding my own business and I see this shirtless, long haired man. Now, it's a hot day so, I guess if you really needed to take your shirt off, no one can blame you. He wishes me a good morning. And I reciprocate.

Then he asks me if I want to marry him.

I say yes and so, I'm married guys!!!


via we heart it


Totally kidding. Please say no one fell for that. 



I'm not a person who quickly judges others, but after a marriage proposal, I file him away in the crazy category. Then he does something... kind of original. He adds on to the end of that proposal, "Come on, we can get divorced tomorrow."

...Okay, sure then. Like that's going to be the cherry on top of the pie.


Have you ever had a marriage proposal from a stranger?

18 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
    .
    .
    .
    .
    just kidding! haha! :P Hmmm... i don't think i've ever been asked for my hand in marriage by a stranger... i've been asked many things, but never for marriage! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aki-- this story is amazing and totally hilarious!!! I love that you posted a picture of a ring, you ALMOST tricked me! Haha!

    I have been proposed to by random strangers, a couple times in bars and once in Israel by a street vendor. The guy in Israel offered me 20 camels! What a great idea, let me marry a random stranger in a foreign counter, no thanks. Wait there are camels involved? Okay!
    Hahahaha!

    <3 MuffinLovesBiscuit

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL YOU MADE ME BELIEVE ;o; shame on you! xD
    I havent exacly had a marriage proposal, some guys in Tunisia tried to buy me for a white camel, kinda like Mrs. Biscuit experience xD they said to my teacher (it was a final year's school trip so our teachers were with us) they would even trade a cousin and my teacher was like: "why do i need your cousin for? =.=" it was hilarious though ahaha. Beside that, no one have ever asked me :c i'm a Forever Alone kind of person, i guess xD

    cute blog btw, just felt like leaving you a giant post LOL

    xoxo Monstros no Armário

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOLOLOL Even I have had a strange marriage proposal from a waiter on a cruise in Egypt. In front of my parents. Totally WTF moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL - that really, honestly made me laugh out loud. I've never had a marriage proposal from a stranger (esp. one followed up with a divorce proposal) - this will be a story to tell for years :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol this is such a funny post! i have never had a proposal from a stranger before, however a little boy proposed to me before probably not even knowing what marriage means LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, this is so funny! I've never had that experience before though. It makes a great story though :-) xoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny story, I can't believe he said that! I've never had a proposal from a stranger, but a friend once told me that if my boyfriend didn't marry me, t he would.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Baaaaaahahahaaahaa. I was proposed to once in a club by a guy that I was dancing with. I always think it's hilarious when that happens. What if you said yes??

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome story!!! think he will ask again?

    And maybe get some mace for walking to class at night? I got some and makes me feel a whole lot better when I walk to class at night.

    -Jules

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow! crazy person is crazy! and i love how you were cool and classy all the way :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. OHHH GOSH !! Are you serious ??! Hahah What a funny Story !! I knew some cases , but cases like that ... NO WAY !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hahaha :) you made me smile with the post! marrige can fun, I've never thought any post involving wedding ring could make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  14. lol - Sometimes the crazies can be so funny, I don't like to encourage them, but the things they say - you can't make that stuff up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've had a marriage proposal from a random little kid when I was in high school. That, however, was a lot cuter and a lot less creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahaha I didn't fall for it but that was surely strange!! Funny story! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!