Saturday, August 27

Are you drinking duck farts?

The explanation for the title will be clear. Just trust me on this one.

The latest Harry Potter movie was decent, I thought. Because I read the books so long ago, I didn't even catch the inaccuricies and the plot points they misesd out on like before. Like any other Harry Potter movie, though, I thought that it was fraught with serious parts that made me laugh. One of the funniest parts was...





Seriously! Way to take the drama out of the moment.

Following up where we left off last week with the prettiest laughs, is a discussion on strange, funny sounding and ridiculous laughs.

Last summer, I was in China and someone told a joke and I was laughing very hard. It was to the point where I couldn't breathe. It was one point past "This-is-so-funny-I-can't-breathe" and in the category of "I-really-should-stop-laughing-and-try-not-to-pass-out." Then, all of a sudden, my cousin commented that it sounded like I was drinking duck farts. It makes more sense in Chinese than in English, but trust me, it is every bit as crude and WTF-inducing. I stopped momentarily, comprehended his words and went on laughing for a different reason.


Who do you think has the silliest laugh? 

16 comments:

  1. Hahaha that description is too funny! I've never noticed my laugh - I'll have to ask my family if it's crazy! :)

    -j
    sorelle in style

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA.
    The title of this post almost made me pee myself.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool!|! love it!!!


    xoxo from rome
    K.
    http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha the title scared me!

    http://www.ohmydior.org/2011/07/inspirational-board-new-york.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha that is such a funny description!!!! I once went to the movies with this guy who had the funniest laugh I ever heard. The movie wasn't actually that great, but everyone in the theatre was laughing because of this guys laugh :p Not in a mean way, we were just laughing along because it SO loud and SO happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. actually you raise a good point. when you laugh so hard sometimes your laugh comes distorted and takes on this really weird form. have you seen anderson cooper's giggle fest? "drinking duck farts"- best line ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deathly Hallows 2 was fantastic! As a die-hard fan for the last decade, I was EXTREMELY pleased with how well the final movie was made!

    xx Grace
    Dream-Boating

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never heard about this way of saying but it makes a lot of sense!!
    Have a nice day!
    xx
    http://dontcallmefashionblogger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your comment on my blog, dear!
    I know that it's better that I turn my pictures btu I' m not very good with computers, he often wins :)

    Kiss Mich!!

    adayoflife-mich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahaha i lovee that its soo funnyy ;p

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha it´s really funny..it did not sound like that in the german version :DD

    c&a is a german fashion store..but i can´t buy many things there because they have only size EU 36 and up :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is definitely a WTF statement! I have to say my husband has a crazy laugh--not every laugh, though, just when he really gets into it. And his laugh is super-loud on top of it. He draws stares when it happens in public. Thankfully, I'm way past being embarrassed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh god, and when he hugs Draco. I was dying. And I could hear you cracking up next to me, I swear.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bonnie - I wonder what your bahahaha sounds like.

    The Many Colours of Happiness - That's cute ... but I think it can also get annoying real fast.

    Francesca R - You probably have never heard of it because it's a translated Chinese saying.

    Andrea - Oh really? Then I feel like I must share this with everyone who heard a different version.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!