Thursday, September 8

Chase Ball Park Field Trip

Last semester, I took a real estate class. At the end of that class, I went on a field trip to a property we learned about. Chase Field, here in Arizona. 

First we can see the front of the stadium. It's located downtown and to me, a non sports fan, it didn't look that impressive.  

Did you know that I've never been to a stadium before? This was my first time. I've never been to a baseball game either. ...and I have never watched more than 5 minutes of a sports game. 


Inside the stadium, it was pretty big and impressive.



In addition to there being a balzillion seats, the stadium was convertible, meaning that it had a sunroof that opened to give the grass light. In the hottest parts of the Arizona day, it can close too.




You see those three levels? In the part above the first level and beneath the second one, there were restaurants and places you could buy beer. 




And yes, we have a (hidden) swimming pool. It's very expensive. And if you were wondering, balls do end up in there. (Did anyone catch my reference?)




The field was under repairs. ...And see those lamps? They give the grass in the shade special sunlight. That's some pampered grass!




The billboard. I was told that it's very big and very expensive. This billboard has also been struck by baseballs before, but each section is a littler panel, so if that breaks, only one section needs to be replaced.




Lastly, a picture of me in a baseball stadium, because I don't predict that I'll ever be returning.



18 comments:

  1. Haha! Yes, I did get your reference. And wow, you've never been ot a stadium? I am SO not a sports fan, yet even I've been to a stadium. LOL XD

    http://red-soledfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, I wonder who gets to swim in the pool? xo -Taj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, that reference was brilliant! x)
    I've never been to a baseball stadium before (we don't have any of these here in Portugal).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the hidden swimming pool!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow the hidden swimming pool is cool, funny reference! I don't really like baseball either but being at a stadium game is different, the atmosphere can't help but make you get excited and it really is way more fun then watching on TV.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds so cool there! I'm not a sports fan, but I love going to games simply because of the celebratory atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg swimming whilst watching the game? that is like...kind of unbelievable!

    xx from hong kong :)
    www.ldmldmldm.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love that pool! good pics :)
    Miss Rando
    Dark--passion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not big on sports, either, but each year I was in middle school, we went on a field trip to the Bricktown Ballpark in Oklahoma City for a game. Oh my goodness, it was so boring! I haven't been to a baseball game since. I can't believe there's a place to watch a baseball game while in a pool! That's insane. I guess it would be a good way to keep the kids from whining, but I can't imagine what it must cost...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that pool is amazing. I love baseball! Fun field trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been to a few hockey games but never in a stadium. Whoa.. that grass is lush.

    Sorry to hear about the heat and humidity there. EH. I swear, I cannot live here in IL much longer because of the harsh summers!

    Also, I tried to make a video for winged eyeliner to answer your question. Yes, I really recommend the Ecotools angled brush. I tried the one that came with the PF liner and was super displeased. Ecotools one is cheap (about 3 bucks) and really does the job! Hopefully, I can get this vid going and actually show people how easy it is!
    ♥ laura

    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  12. So what you're saying is that the pool is not just for woman? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. u look soo cute! and the place is hugeeee!! wow!!

    P.S.. I know wat u mean about buying sampler boxes because u dont always get wat u like, but thats the point of the box is for u to try out products u dont usually would reach for.. I jsut love opening the box! its soo exiting!! i think I will only do this for one year and that's it lol.. but glymm seems quiet good, i might keep up with them =]

    Alx

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the reference and great photos!
    I am huge fan of baseball so yeah (great photos)and also, I agree about the humid - it so hot here too in T.O

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm not a sports fan either, but I have been to a stadium before...for concerts! =P Oh wait, I did go to a baseball game once, but that was because I went with the guy I had a crush on! =D The stadium you went to is definitely state-of-the-art! I'm especially impressed with the roof that can open and close! =P And, maybe the pool too! Unfortunately, I didn't get the reference! >_<

    ReplyDelete
  16. hey lovely find your nice blog wanna follow eatch other?let me know kisses from germany
    La Folie 

    ReplyDelete
  17. Angelica Ng - I've been in a stadium now, if that counts for anything!

    Taj Acosta - Rich people who rent it. >.<

    che - I hear there's a lot of drinking that goes on.

    Lauren - The pool isn't really for kids. It's more for corporate events. I have never seen more than thirty seconds of a baseball game. Most of it is waiting, isn't it?

    laura - Thanks for your help! You're the best.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like so much fun, the hidden pool is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!