Thursday, September 15

Cold Summer Pasta Salad


I don't know if this pasta salad looks good to you, but it is.

What I like about it isn't just its taste, but the fact that it's loaded with good things. I used to hate salads. I thought of them as cold, tasteless iceberg lettuce. The only way they could be redeemed is if they were drenched in ranch sauce. Then I found out that ranch sauce was so unhealthy that it more than made up for calories in a salad. I stopped eating salads altogether. 

Somewhere down the line though, I found that salads could be yummy. I found spinach to replace lettuce. I found that you can have chicken, salmon, and so many different kinds of cheese in your salad. I found out about healthier vinaigrettes. And all was well. 

You guys also know that I love pasta in all different forms. I decided to combine the two.

Do a cup of multicolored rotini pasta, half a cup of tuna, and as much cucumbers, grape tomatoes as you care to add. Then finish it off with as much balsamic vinaigrette as you feel like. Do many taste tests. 

Yes, you get carbs eating pasta like this but there's a lot more veggies and a lot less of that creamy sauce. It's cool for the summer to boot. 

23 comments:

  1. mmm, this looks delicious and perfect for a hot day! i really love tuna.

    also, thanks for the award you gave me a while back, i finally got to posting it!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of a balsamic vinaigrette on pasta salad. I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love carbs, so is it any surprise that I am a pasta-holic???? I need to make this, like, tonight.
    And by "I need to make this," I really mean that Mr. A is going to make this.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM. Looks great and I LOVE vinaigrette!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like something that tastes great with ingredients we all have, which I love! Sounds really healthy too! Thanks for sharing dear! xo -Taj

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM, cant wait to make it! Thanks for the post..

    xo Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow. I literally just ate a huge dinner and this looks delicious. nomnomnom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pasta salads are always good to eat, crunchy, healthy and yummy :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks delicios, I will try it too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. yummy and beautiful blog, follow you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally tried to leave a comment on this post yesterday, but my internet freaked out, and I had to go. Haha! So, here is try #2:

    This pasta salad looks delicious! I'm a pasta fanatic too!

    My friend's mom makes this really good one that you should try: bow-tie pasta, italian dressing, black olives, little cubes of cheese, and artichoke hearts! :)

    XO,
    SSDS

    ReplyDelete
  12. um YUMMMMY! I love pasta SO MUCH. Anyone that knows me knows that I looooove pasta. Seriously. Favourite food .Ever. Looks divine!

    QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woww this looks really good! I love having pasta in my salads, although I haven't given up on my creamy dressings yet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think this looks good, Aki. Although I honestly haven't eaten a salad...ever. Lol. I blame my parents, they spoiled me with fried chicken and all those greasy stuff. :) Thanks for the comment. Yup, won't be ripping the jeans for now. I'm leaving it to take its natural course. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh waw,, what a nice post looks yuumm. And you have a lovely blog.
    by the way..mind to visit and follow me? I'll follow you back then :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. i don't know how people survive without pasta, i wish people would stop hating carbs, it makes me feel bad for eating lots of pasta! this looks so so yum! xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. Are you crazy!!?? It looks incredible!! I've been wanting to make one and I think this picture will get me motivated to do so! Thanks for sharing!

    xo,
    Sarah
    Get Up & Go

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! this salas look delicious!!

    Kisses!

    http://www.thelipstickcandy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Claire - Love tuna, hate tuna breathe, but what can you do?

    Lauren - Means a lot from you!

    Bonnie - Bonnie, that's understood!

    Maycie After Five - You should make it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It looks yummy. I'm loving your posts :)

    http://am-better-today.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!