Tuesday, September 20

Essence Bakery

OMFGJHSOS Macarons.

Ladies and Gentleman, if that condition describes how you feel about these delectable treats, you may have a condition. At this time, we are unsure if the disease is contagious, but we urge you to be treated right away.

Essence Bakery is located at 825 W. University Drive, Tempe, Arizona and you need to run, not walk, to it. Or drive. Drive would probably be fastest.




It's an unassuming place. The inside, which I didn't get a picture of, isn't your hip and posh cafe. In fact, it's quite the opposite. It's not a manufactured look at all. They didn't hire an interior decorator to make the place look like something it's not. 




They have macarons. And no, they're not cheap. But if they were, you'd eat dozens of them and then you'd get really fat, so it's all for the best. They're affordable as a sometimes treat. 




And they're good. They're so good. Of course, there are different flavors but each is cold, sweet but not overly so. The outer shell collapses in and blends with the middle. It's four or five minutes of heaven, depending on how fast you eat. 




And I like to eat them while wearing dresses. 

24 comments:

  1. Those macarons are making my mouth water!!!

    xx
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG macarons! My favorite! i hate how they are so expensive, especially if you want to buy a small box. I always wanted a macaron birthday cake/tree thing haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I've never even had one before!!! I've been missing out, haven't I??? Maybe I should make it a point to try one this weekend! =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gaahhhhhh, I LOVE EVERYTHING. Don't tease me with this. I am hungry and have nothing to eat around me, so this is torture!! (But the good kind.)

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love macarons! They are really expensive but so yummy! I'm still searching for the best ones available in Toronto. Salted caramel is the best flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aaaa those macarons are cute!!!! btw thanks for visiting my blog,dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually haven't had a macaron in the United States--I had one at Ladurée in Paris in 2006 and that's the only one I've ever had. I don't think they've made it to Kansas yet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous post! yum!

    www.fantailflo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mouth is watering! Luckily, it's far away form Italy otherwise I would be there everyday!
    xx
    http://dontcallmefashionblogger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore small, unassuming places like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooo those macaroons look so so so good! And you should wear whatever you fancy while you indulge in macaroons! Thank you for stopping by, I think you should totally get a red trench, it'd great on you! And I can tell you like yellow...red is not much more bolder than yellow in my opinion so try it :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha thanks for the comment, YES its definitely NOT over.

    Love all these macaroon, beautiful and delicious

    xo Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahh, I wouldn't eat this, but it definetly looks different and nice :), the place seems down to earth from what you said and the pictures, every place should learn to put their money into quality of food, and not the unnecessarily fancy place they're in.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the fabric of your dress and these macaroons are delightful!

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.trufflesnruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. what.these.nowwww

    www.dentelleetfleurs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. These look amazing? Any chance of sending them over here to Florida? LOL

    ♥ Shia

    ReplyDelete
  17. LA looks beautiful!
    http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh my goodness, those macarons look amazing. i need to eat one (or 20).

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. gawd...i STILL have not had one of these yet!!! i haven't seen them anywhere here. they look so delish...especially that green one!!

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
  20. mizzsandychau - I know. I try to just have 1 macaroon at a time.

    Bonnie - Torture of the good kind... is still torture.

    Kavery - I went once near lunch time with my mom... and the place was absolutely full. No parking!

    Shia - I would if they lasted!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Omg these look delish and super creative too! I'd gobble them in an instant!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!