Monday, September 12

My Life is Average Mondays: Doctor Who

A brief note before I go into my actual subject. I know that people say they're thankful for their readers and friends but, seriously. Thank you. Your comments about the city you live in helped me so much to know where the public transport is good and where it seems like I'd like to live. Since I'm in the process of making plans for my next few years of life, your advice is indispensable.

Now, the Doctor.


I've had friends who are fans of Doctor Who forever. As for me, I never really got into it all that much.


After my friend forced me to watch the first episode (with the 9th doctor) I remained unimpressed. It was simply okay. The effects weren't great. In fact...they were kind of lame. Months passed without me thinking of it again. Then it turned to May. I had just finished school and was sitting around home bored, day in and day out. I decided to pick up the show again. I watched the second episode and it scared me to my wits end. Ghosts? Dead mediums? I couldn't handle this! These were the days when I was afraid of my reflection.




But when that same friend visited me, she told me that most of the episodes were not as frightening as that one. She said that I had to at least give it a chance for another few episodes. I started again and though I didn't love it, I got into it. I started getting attached to the characters and I started caring about the state of the world and of humankind. I'm now at the beginning of the third season and I'm thinking... I really like this show. 



17 comments:

  1. Cute blog!

    New follower!

    x

    www.heddanynabb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally had the same feeling about the first season. I watched 2/3 episodes that left a bad taste in my mouth. My friends LOVE the show, but I just couldn't get myself to keep on watching it!
    ♥ laura

    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've never heard of doctor who....mm i feel soo out of loop lol!!! anywasss thanks for the lovely comment!! u should totally give that DIY a shot it's going to be soo useful never even have to but a dress ever again LOL

    Alx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen it but it looks good!

    xx
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to admit that I have never watched this show, but now I am curious!
    i have to check whether it is stiil on the air!
    Xx
    http://dontcallmefashionblogger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen it, but now I want to! Ahhh...another show to waste my time with. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first time I heard about "Doctor Who" was on "The Big Bang Theory." It sounds like the show is really good, though!

    I am so happy to be one of your followers. I just love you!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doctor Who is great! I love it.
    http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I found your blog and I like it so much!! cool pics!!!
    Come and visit my blog, and if you like it, follow me, I'll be waiting for you!

    Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey :D

    Thanks for leaving a comment at my blog!:) I did get quite a lot of stuff:P and yeah I naturally wear glasses. My pairs of nerdy glasses are just for fun, I think they're very cute:)

    Doctor who! I've seen a lot of people who are fans of Doctor Who but I ain't got a clue what it's about :P I'm simply clueless when it comes to Doctor Who, is it about doctors? :P I really need to search that show up :P

    lizzieness07.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Doctor Who haha! I'm glad you like it now too!

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.trufflesnruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Doctor Who is gaining so much popularity this year!

    xx Grace
    Dream-Boating

    ReplyDelete
  14. haha, so funny. i've never seen this show but there have been plenty of shows that it's taken me a season or so to get into it. many times it's totally worth it. other times i've wasted my time. but glad you liek this show!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. laura - Some shows are just not meant for you. No use wasting your time with things that you dislike.

    ThisIsAlx - Imagine if that was what all of your dresses were!

    songbird - If you're interested, you should check it out.

    Lizzy - Doctor Who is a science fiction time travel show!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hooooray fellow Doctor Who fan!!! I always recommend this show to EVERYONE!!! I agree with you, there are definitely plenty of heart-felt moments and lots of action and sci-fi stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!