Thursday, September 1

Winnie The Pooh


A few days ago, I was feeling a little bit down about starting my last year of university and still not knowing where I want to go in life. I started looking for things to cheer myself up. Somehow, I found Winnie the Pooh while wandering the inspirational pictures section of tumblr.

I remember watching the show when I was little but I don't remember really loving it. The first thing that came to mind when I saw these pictures of Winnie the Pooh characters was the fact that if I gained just a couple more pounds, I'd look like Pooh bear.

He really is the most adorable, willy nilly old bear. I think Pooh and I have a very similar philosophy towards food.


via tumblr
Even though I don't have an incredibly clear memory of Pooh, I remember that when I was born, a family friend gave me a little Pooh bear toy. Even clearer in my memory is the two feet large Tigger Toy me little brother got when he was born. I don't think that my parents knew who Tigger was--but my brother was born in the year of the tiger and that was enough to justify the purchase. My little brother loved Tigger when he was young. He would laugh and giggle when I would say:

The wonderful thing about tiggers
Is tiggers are wonderful things!
Their tops are made out of rubber;
Their bottoms are made out of springs!
They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy,
Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun!


Tigger is Rebecca Black before Rebecca Black was even born. I wonder if my brother even remembers the song anymore.

The most interesting part I found is that Pooh is still very much relevant to me today. First, there's philosophy in Pooh. My friend owns books titled the Tao of Piglet and the Te of Pooh. I never really had any interest in them before but now I want to read them. Then there's the treasure trove of adorable icons, figs and quotes that Pooh has to offer. I don't know if it's just me but the stuff makes me melt into puddles and start crying. To think, this stuff comes from children's books.

via tumblr

Lastly, there's a lot of psychology insight in Pooh. The characters really think differently. Some examples:

via tumblr

Did you watch Pooh as a kid?

26 comments:

  1. Ooooh what a lovely post! i adore Winnie the Pooh!
    Xx
    http://dontcallmefashionblogger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh, I know how you feel. During my last year of my undergrad study, I had no idea what I wanted to do. Then, I started graduate school, and I still had no idea what I wanted to do. Just recently have I decided on something. It's tough!!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love winnie the pooh! i always watched it when i was little. That quote from pooh is so touching

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallucinations???? I don't want to believe it!!! lol
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. AW!!! Pooh bear! I hope you are feeling better about everything. The Marie Claire position was a beauty internship. Yesterday, though, I got an internship at Cosmopolitan Magazine!!! I'm so excited!! It's for beauty also

    xxox Monica
    fandml.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, love the pills each pooh character would take. very funny!

    i loved pooh growing up. i have all my stuffed animals still and my girls now play with them!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute post !♥ love it!

    I've watched The Lion King when I was Kid and I still watch it now . I've never yet watch Winnie the pooh but I have a lot of teddy bears in my room ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love pooh! It is just the cutest show :) Hahaha and that last pic is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, I watched Pooh all the time growing up. There is something incredibly comforting about that little bear!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Pooh and I understand what you feel but whatever decision you may have just always make sure that your heart comes with it.:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to watch Pooh growing up :) I definitely know how it feels when you're not sure if you're going in the right direction or if you're even going in any direction. I think everybody feels this way at some point.

    erica
    seaofbloomingdreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love Pooh and friends since i was a kid.
    they always make me happy :)

    http://choccopost.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. i was in france for two days..
    i post some pics on my blog about this trip

    Wish you a nice day

    http://addicted-to-all.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. HAHAHA! this post is bril! I remember watching it when I was little, but never really getting obsessed with it. I also watched (and cried) over the first movie, but that was a lonnnng time ago.
    I laughed at your comparison of Rebecca Black to Tigger! Oh man, even then, I was thoroughly annoyed by that bouncing tiger. That little chart at the end of your post, though, made me chortle with glee! Oh Christopher Robin, if you had just taken your meds, we wouldn't ever be graced with the wonderfulness that is Pooh Corner.
    ♥ laura

    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that meds poster. Too funny! I did watch it and I love it. Now my girlfriend's little one watches it and we notice that Pooh bear is pretty self centered.

    Don't worry about your path, I'm almost 30 and have learned so much about myself between my last year of College to now and it is completely in the opposite direction of what I thought then. Experiences change you so have as many of them as you can. And enjoy the heck out of this last year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved Pooh as a kid! Owl and Eeyore were my favorites. Don't feel bad about not knowing where your life is going! My life has turned out very differently than I imagined it would my senior year in college and that was only five years ago. It's OK not to know!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha, I was laughing about the prescription pills. But yeah, it does make tons of sense. :) Thanks for dropping by my blog, Aki. xx

    forshoeswefall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wish I could say I watched the Pooh as a kid but being a somewhat shelter asian kid I grew up with Doreamon and other random cartoons but as I got older I fell in love with the bear =) OMG I always told my bf that the characters were "mentally" challenged! Now excuse me while I google those books and order them in with express shipping hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  20. I adored pooh when i was little! I too had a plush pooh bear, he went everywhere with me ^^
    And I actually own both those books, I like the covers, they look so cute in their little outfits! But I still haven't gotten around to read them... I probably should.

    ReplyDelete
  21. so cute :) when i was young i loved alfred kwack..i don´t know if you know him?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Totally watched Winnie The Pooh as a kid, and I refuse to believe the psychology in it! It's little things like that that are slowly tearing apart my childhood :(

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  23. Bonnie - Some people handle the unknown better than others. I think I handle change very badly.

    Claire - Pooh is one of those things that I can't wait to share with my children.

    Nikki - Thanks for your kind and guiding words.

    suki pooki - I remember doremon on TV too, but I never really got into it. I hope you love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!