Saturday, October 15

LA Vacation: Santa Monica Pier

This is the second part of my vacation. You can see the first part here. We went to the Santa Monica Pier.

Some people just want to ruin vacations... :(



But we made it past them and took a walk on the pier. There were an incredible amount of people. 




From the pier, we could see all the people on the beach. 




Taking advantage of the scenery, I took pictures with friends. 




And by myself. There was just really no way you could get a bad background!




The water and the pier itself was breathtaking. It was such a huge change to go from Arizona, where it was so hot you couldn't breath to this coastal area!
















They also had a huge ferris wheel and a ton of fair games. Being, games you would find at a fair, which most times, are the opposite of equitable. The sea-side humidity (and 6 hour car ride) definitely made my hair unravel at this time.


















Next we decided to enjoy a bit more of the ocean breeze.



Then we took the short walk down. I haven't felt beach sand in years!




The water was cold, but I only dipped my legs in. ...Is that still a dip? Or does it qualify as a dunk?




This following picture is my absolute favorite of the bunch!




After that, we went and walked on the Third Street Promanade (pictures to come later) and I snapped this photo when we returned in the evening. 



18 comments:

  1. I love seeing other people's vacation photos! :)
    It looks lovely and I absolutely love your dress and necklace.
    Regarding the dish that I posted on my blog, I don't have the recipe (unfortunately!), because it isn't really a traditional dish of my area.
    Master's Degrees in Portugal have always this kind of schedule, basically because everybody is already working. Most of my classmates are already over their 30s and 40s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, total envy right now! I want to go to the beach so bad! I'm not much of a hot weather person, but I love going to the beach and taking a dip or just walking in the shore looking for seashells (I know, I'm such a kid). And you're right-- you can't ever find a bad background!
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't blame you for taking advantage of the scenery around you, it was FUN and GORGEOUS! You look great girl. I love your strapless dress and that necklace is fab. What a fun time!!! :D Thanks for sharing.
    http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great time! I am in LA right now and there is actually a mini heatwave going on...it is cooler in Arizona!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had fun! :D That second to last picture is my favorite too. The water looks like it's glittery! So pretty ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhh seems like you are having fun!love your dress..

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohemgeeeee, this is so pretty! I have always wanted to go to a pier like this.

    Your dress is gorgeous!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  8. love Santa Monica!!! but yeah...every time i go there's always either some protest or some odd person that kinda ruins the scenery lol but it's allll part of the experience!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the pier looks amazing and fun! feel like going there one day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't been there in a few years and I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had a good vaca! Cute pictures. I live in So Cal and we tend to take advantage of our beaches. I need to go dip a little too before the water is too cold!

    xoxo
    http://www.thewrittenrunway.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pics! I hope you are having fun on your vacation!!

    ♥ Shia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Visiting the beach and hanging on on the pier are a couple of things I miss most about living in LA. Great pix!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love santa monica. its one of my fave cities here in so. cal! xx

    enter my giveaway to win $100 to pixiedusk.com!

    ReplyDelete
  15. SOOO LOVELY! Please check out my blog when you get a chance!

    http://www.goodbadandfab.com
    the personal style and fashion musings of a LA fashion lawyer living life in the fab lane

    ReplyDelete
  16. NIce pics! U look so classy and beautiful on these pics;)
    I loveee santa monica pier!!

    http://mymymode.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Joanne - I'm glad that Master's degrees here don't have mandatory night classes.

    laura - The thing was, when I visited the beach, I thought it was so much cooler!

    bri kim - Definitely not! It's been warmer here for the past few months!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!