Thursday, November 24

Restaurant Week

There's a little thing here called Arizona Restaurant Week. It happens twice a year and basically, it offers meals for 15, 20 and 30 dollars per person. The 30 dollar meals are at really fancy places and includes a starter, entree and dessert. 

Of course, being cheap, I went to a two for thirty place (called Arcadia Tavern) where we had to share the starter and the dessert. But I didn't mind. Here's the menu we could choose from. There were some pretty awesome choices. 



Oh, before we go on, I should probably tell you that I forgot my camera... the pictures aren't of the best quality. Apologies. For the starter, we choose the hot spinach and artichoke dip. This was definitely a case where the appetizer was so good that I ate too much of this and didn't have enough room for the entree. 




My friend got the roasted chicken, which was definitely delicious. Star of this plate was the mashed potatoes, though. WOW. So creamy and rich. It's hidden under the chicken. I'm always really impressed when some one or some place makes food that I've attempted and failed at. That's right. I can't make mashed potatoes.




I got ribs. I think this is the first time I've never had ribs before. A complete set anyways. This was also really juicy, delicious, and fall off the bone tender. Finger licking good, I might say. Actually. I would say. Just said!




For dessert, when I was sooo full... they brought out a sundae. A huge, sundae. Ice cream and whipped cream and nuts and brownies. It was ALL there. 




Here's my face for comparison of how large the sundae was. It's kind of the same size.





We ate it all. And all this was only thirty bucks! I guess I should be very thankful of the good times, good food and good company I keep. 


Hope you're enjoying your Thanksgiving. 

28 comments:

  1. oh we have that kind of deals twice a year too. they call it summerlicious and winterlicious. winterlicious should be coming soon, so excited! wow the dip and the sundae looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving! The nachos and dip are making me hungry. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This big sundae is a dream!!! ;P
    happy thanksgiving dear!^^
    xxx

    S
    http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! We have Seattle Restaurant Week, but I've never been. It looks like you found a good place, because my friend did this once, and she said the restaurant she went to gave her the tiniest portions.

    I would have gotten ribs too. Everything you got looks so delicious!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    XO,
    SSDS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh everything looks so yummy. Every time we order appetizers we always get so full too and holy crap that's a huge sundae!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow! those are yummy, pay back time later..lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOOKS DELISH! Even though I just had a feast, this still makes my tummy ache for more ;) xxAnisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL you look gorgeous!!!! Ahahhaa that sundae does too! Man, just reading this is making me drooool xD Don't worry, keep working on your mashed potatoes and let me know how it turns up! LOl this is brill!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh man, what a great deal! i love deals like this. that sundae looks freaking amazing. i am super super stuffed from Thanksgiving but that sundae made me a bit hungry hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad that I'm getting lunch in less than 15 minutes. Otherwise, it would be problematic looking at such delicious food ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. That;s a great deal. Of course when I saw your picture of the menu I mentally picked what I would have chosen (hummus, half roasted chicken, and then a toss up between the cookie and the sundae with the cookie probably edging it FYI!).

    It all looks so good! And I swear food tastes even better when you get a bargain too! ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. what an awesome idea!! $30 for a 3 course meal is unheard of in australia... i love food! I hope this comes our way soon.

    Awesome post! now following =)

    http://hayleyhour.blogspot.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/hayley.hour

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, so much food for a great price! Looks yummy too!

    xx
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my word. That sundae is freaking huge! I love finding good deals on food, but I'm so picky, that often I never go!
    Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  15. looks delicious! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Spin Dip is my favorite!!! I get it everywhere I go :) Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks amazing and for such a good price, super delicious food! <3
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks so good!! We have a similar restaurant thing here in Toronto..Winterlicious & Summerlicious :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. They're starting that in Baltimore, and I can't wait for it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. LMAOOOO Aki! That picture is priceless (the last one). When I went to Serendipity in Las Vegas I took a dessert pic like that. One day I will have to post it. You two got a LOT of great food for that price! GOOOOO YOUUUUUU! :D
    http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome! And that last photo - YUM!!! It looks like you both had an awesome time. Great prices too!

    Amber
    Ambersmouthwash

    ReplyDelete
  22. the food is making me hungry I love the sundae looks so huge! I'm a fan of icecream, I think I can eat them everyday

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow, this looks like a lot of fun! But as much as everything looks fun...I can't stop staring at those candy apples! I must have an addiction to those things, they are SO GOOD.

    http://red-soledfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Can't believe that entire meal was only $30. I think they do something similar to this in Vegas but I am always riding the late freight and miss out on everything wonderful in life because of it.. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  25. mizzsandychau - I have a few Toronto bloggers following me. That's cool.

    Hayley - Ouch, Australia must be expensive!

    Kathy S - You should totally look into it when they do it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!