Tuesday, December 27

Galaxy Nails for Cheap!

Hello everyone! I'm back from my vacation. I hope everyone had a merry Christmas and spent a nice time with their families. I'm getting back in the swing of things but I've been horribly lazy. Today, I am bringing you a nail look!

Remember that trend of making your nails look like they were in space? If I remember correctly, it used an Orly polish that cost quite a bit. 

Okay. Not quite a bit. But it costs more than a dollar and that's how much I try to buy my polishes for. 

By combining two polishes, I created a similar effect. This nail look is for the lazy. You don't find planets and solar systems and galaxies in this look. Just SPACE, the FINAL FRONTIER. I hope you read that in William Shatner's voice or something. 

Enough gabbing. The star of this look is NYC's Love Letters. By itself, it looks awful. Barely sparkles, mostly clear. LAME.


But what if you layer it over black? Ohhh. Isn't that pretty?


I love the details of this look. It looks like individual stars. And I tried to show how much of a duochrome this polish is. It's pink and purple and magenta as well as blue and teal.

Even though this uses two polishes, the NYC Love Letters is cheap and the black I have was really cheap as well. You probably already have a black color on hand. With the two colors combined, this look only took two dollars to do! 

27 comments:

  1. Really pretty! I have a few polishes that are pretty lame on their own but take on a whole new life over black. I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Funny enough, I don't have a black polish. I actually JUST bought a white one. You would think with over 100 bottles, these would be things I would have. I will have to get some and try this out, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I'm really curious as to what colors you do have now.

      Delete
  3. That's a lovely combo! I haven't ever seen that NYC color before!

    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks much better over black rather than itself alone!! Nice colors!!
    xoxo & MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    MY LITTLE SUEDE SHOES

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh they look sooo pretty *squeals* I recently got a lovely nail polish where you run a magnet over it and it makes some pretty shapes, especially in the light, I wore it when I went out with my GF to dinner and all night passers by at the table where complimenting me hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of that as well... but alas, no cheap ones.

      Delete
  6. Ooh I love layering polish colors; it always turns out so fun and unexpected. Beautiful combo!

    Amber
    Ambersmouthwash

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice polish , I like the effect of layering two polish colors, the shimmery effect is great!

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a very pretty combo! I never thought to layer polishes before...the effect it can create is very interesting though :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. woah your nails turned out to be so gorgeous dear, i love that nail polish! awesome review <3 have a great day. xx

    http://mithakomala.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks good ;)

    http://excurlythoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I amtrying to do t he same thing but my results aren't that great as yours......

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh god indeed it's so so pretty! ;) Merry belated christmas and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your nails are so gorgeous! I hope you have a great new year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your nails are so pretty, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aki, this looks great! I need to check this out and only $2??

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, what a steal for $2. I have been so lazy lately and haven't even attempted to paint my nails. Might have to do them for New Years ;)

    Hope you had a fab holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i like to visit your blog hope you mines to

    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it Aki! That color is awesome. I love NYC and their prices. :)
    http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. The 2 colours look really nice together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!