Saturday, December 10

Physician's Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Tinted Moisturizer

I've been using a BB cream with SPF I got from China and I decided I really loved  the idea of foundation + SPF. I don't like to wear too much on my face because then I feel like I have robot skin (no offense to robots), so I tried to look for tinted moisturizers. I looked into a lot of drugstore items as well as Sephora and found that a lot of the tinted moisturizers only go up to SPF 25. That wasn't going to work for me since I live in the Valley of the Sun and I hate sunspots. 


But after more searching, Physician's Formula came to the rescue. It always amuses me when products have incredible long names. This is one such product. The Physician's Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Tinted Moisturizer.



I thought it was okay. I'd agree with what it advertises here. It's lightweight hydration, for sure. If my skin was in bad shape, I wouldn't be comfortable sticking with only this for moisture.


The foundation is very runny and liquidy. I disliked this at first because I wasn't used to it, but it honestly leaves my skin very very soft. It's a weird kind of oily soft though (even on my very dry skin), so I'm not sure I'd recommend this to people with oily skin. As for coverage, it's extremely lightweight. Next to nothing, I'd say. However, I'm fine with that because I wasn't looking for much coverage anyways. This does a great job of evening out my skintone. It's a very subtle improvement. 








But another problem with this product is that the pump is flawed. Now, to be fair, I've dropped the bottle a few times but I find that the product drips out and down the side of the bottle rather than into your finger. If you tilt it, it doesn't work as well.





I'm not sure that I'd repurchase this. This retails for 13.99 (but I got it for 10 with a coupon) which means it's not super cheap. I don't love the product, but it's one of the only products I was able to find with SPF of 50. I might try the powder form of this product next. While I don't like the look of powder on my dry skin, it would fix many of the problems with the packaging and texture of the product.  

21 comments:

  1. I bought that BB too, but it's from Thailand. Mine's okay, but I don't use it too much since my face looks so tan against my neck or my arms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good review. i never heard of the brand. i use SPF day cream, and for the same reasonas you don't put foundation.

    http://excurlythoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a brand that I would really love to try (it's not available here).
    I've been using BB cream as well, since it's a lot more natural and healthy for the skin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like a great product! i'm always looking for some lotion with SPF!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to wear this foundation a few years back and didn't like it that much either. I hated that it was too runny and that it was a pain to blend. I find that drugstore brands are horrible with matching skintones, especially Asian tones. I also like a dewy finish and a lighter coverage. I've found that Maybelline's Fit Me foundation has good, dewy coverage-- possibly a tad oily, but that's fine when I blot it throughout the day. Also, surprisingly, elf's liquid foundation is cheap and works really well as a light foundation.

    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought this last summer bc a lot of blogs hyped it up. I was trying to love it, but it just didn't work for my skin. It made it oily, shiny, and after applying my skin felt sticky so I had to wear powder (which kinda defeats the point of a tinted moisturizer).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Men hunting on random streets maybe? ;)) all so darn gd looking right..
    I always tot BB cream was better...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry this didn't work out for you! I heard that Laura Mercier has a pretty good tinted moisturizer. Though, it's kind of pricey.

    If you're just looking for something to cover up redness, you should try Clinique's Redness Solutions Sunscreen. It's seriously the best thing ever! My favorite part about it is it's green tint to cancel out redness. You should get a sample from Sephora or something! :)

    XO,
    SWEATshirt DRESSshirt

    ReplyDelete
  9. great product review, really very helpful, thanks!!!

    visit my blog for my international christmas giveaway!!!

    http://voguelyvan.blogspot.com/

    kissess!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've just reminded me that I need to wear some kind of SPF on my face. I'm super white and I like being super white. But I don't think this will work for me as I have super, super oily skin! Thanks for the reminder :)

    Mabel
    Mabel Time

    ReplyDelete
  11. I havent heard of this product! Im pretty sure I wont be purchasing this since Ive got super oily skin.urgh

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that's an awesome SPF count!
    anyway, thanks for your recent comment on my blog...
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ive also actually been looking in to finding a BB with SPF - I have combination skin though (dry with an oily T bone) so unfortunatley might not be able to wear this one if it wouldn't be perfect for oily skin. I think Garnier do a great BB with SPF too!

    Anna xo

    http://www.lifesshinyprettythings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love tinted moisturizer! great feature, thanks for sharing!

    <3Amanda
    feast.fashion.faves
    Facebook
    Tweet Me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the honest review...definitely sounds like an intriguing product! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the review :) You actually write a really good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great review! I never had much luck with their products. So I left it alone. LOL
    http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. PF is notorious for having THE longest product names. Iit's so annoying.. especially when there are words or terms repeated in the 17-word-long title. Really good review.. thanks for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. adthenshesmiled - Stickiness was one thing I did not experience with this product!

    Ash Louise - Thank you. I honestly am new the the whole business so that means a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!