Saturday, January 28

Chomp, Chomp, Chompie's

Have you guys seen the show Man V. Food? It's a travel channel show where this guy named Adam goes across the nation doing food challenges at restaurants and and showing us the dishes that they offer. It's one of my favorite shows. When I found out that he made an episode in Tempe, I decided that I NEEDED to go to this restaurant. It's called Chompie's and it's more or less, known for being a NY Jewish deli.

Even though I wanted to go to this place, when I did go, I ended up forgetting to bring my camera. Of course. so I apologize for cell phone pictures.



So, this first picture is a part of the menu, this shows the guy and the meal he had to eat. I know I can eat a lot, but I can't eat very fast... so I can't ever do any food challenges. Oh well.


They also have his picture as well as other pictures of people who tried the challenge. 


Now let's talk about the actual meal. Instead of giving you bread or anything like that, the meal started with pickles. I really think there are two groups of pickles here. One was really quite gross... all salty. The other was a normal salty pickle and it was great.


While I didn't get five pounds of food, I did get the same sliders as Adam.


It was cheesy and delicious, but I think I hyped it up too much in my mind. At the end, I had a little bit of trouble finishing even three. However, if you have one of these restaurants in your area, I still recommend it. Their menu is huge.


My friend who accompanied me out had a Chipotle Burger. Now... that was delicious. It was incredibly juicy.



After we had dinner, we walked by the dessert case on the way out. And I could not resist picking up creme brule. it was... really good. Those pieces of chocolate? I want this all over again.


My friend got the seven layer chocolate cake which was on sale. This was really good too. The dark cellphone picture doesn't do it any justice at all.

29 comments:

  1. I've seen Man vs Food from time to time. Great show

    ReplyDelete
  2. i watch it quite often...i get so hungry afterwards..the food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get hungry during... and then i feel like eating awful fried food instead of whatever I have at the moment.

      Delete
  3. gosh i wish we had this restuarant here. i can't do challenges aas well, i eat like a turtle, always the last to finish my meals. The burger babies look sooooo cute though haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks very delicious and interesting...this may even break my diet..but i have not heard of seen him ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sliders look good...I've never been to Tempe but might try that restaurant if I am ever in town...definitely can say I wouldn't attempt the 30 minute challenge...wouldn't be able to eat 1 pd. much less 5 pds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah... As good as this looks, I don't think I could finish all that, even if you gave me 24 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so cool that you went to a place that Adam has been and had the sames sliders lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg.... it looks absolutely delicious! i'll probably get sick of it though after eating it and eating it....

    i would definitely try the restaurant if it were near me! :)

    xoxo
    jasmine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I'm the kind who likes variety.

      Delete
  9. Oh I love man vs food. Food eating competitions fascinates and grosses me out at the same time!

    Thanks for the comment
    XXASAB
    New post: First designs of 2012

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aki, I've watched that show! It's good! HAHA, I was waiting to see if you did the foodie challenge. LOL The food looks good :) LOL Don't give Prada any ideas! They'll come out with special effects for the shoes next. HAHAHAHA If they do, they should give you credit. :D Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

    http://averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooohhh ive never heard of him! thanks for letting me know... this food challenge looks both naughty and delicious!

    http://hayleyhour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. every time I come to your blog, I'm enticed by all these yummy food, now I am craving for a nice burger with fries!

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. sometimes i watch man vs. food when my hubby has it on TV. though i will say it seriously grosses me out often. i love pickles and that chipotle burger looks delish!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a lot of people's reaction with overeating. I don't ever feel like that, but I definitely understand. It's not something I haven't heard before.

      Delete
  14. I didn't know anything about this challenge! I see a very juicy hamburger there....I am craving dear one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. omg crazy challenge!! i'm full hearing about it.

    xx from hong kong :)
    www.ldmldmldm.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those sliders look delicious!

    http://acupofhautestyle.blogspot.com
    -xoxo-
    lauren

    ReplyDelete
  17. I totally have a slight obsession with Man V. Food. Seriously. And I cannot fathom how much that man can eat. oh how much people can eat, really. But those sliders look delish.
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  18. those desserts look divine! being a vegetarian, the other stuff not so much, but hey if you liked it, that's fab. it's weird how our eyes nearly always think we'll eat more food than we actually can, right? or we think this little bit will be enough, then we're starving later.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's such an awesome challenge! The chipotle burger sounds so yummy :P

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh yes, I've seen Adam eat himself silly on man vs. food! Love the mini sliders, they really look amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. cute blog hun! can't wait to read more!
    found you while "blog walking" and thought i would say a hello!

    happy to be your newest follower ♥♥♥
    -- would love it if you could visit me and follow back sometime ?

    hugs, xo
    *BARBIE-BOMBSHELL.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  22. the food looks so delicious i am really hungry now!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yum! Here in San Antonio, we have Lulu's, they have a 3-lb cinnamon roll. That's what I'm getting if I come to Tempe.
    I hate a too salty pickle.

    Allie
    thefashionroute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Adam makes me cringe sometimes on that show but I can't help but watch it. Those sliders look yummy! I like that they give you pickles instead of bread.

    ReplyDelete
  25. too..much...GOOD LOOKING FOOD!! wooow....I need to eat a burger or something!

    <3Amanda
    feast.fashion.faves

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!