Tuesday, January 17

Sauce!

If it's not clear to you now, I love trying out new places to eat. I feel like one day, I'm going to have tried every restaurant in my available area... But I know there's a reason that that's not going to happen. I keep going back to the same old places, again and again.

But it's a completely different experience when a friend shares their "same old places" with you. I've had that feeling, where you're waiting in tense anticipation and wondering if they like it. Because...they have to like it.

I went to Sauce recently. Like True Food, Sauce is a Fox Concept restaurant, but much lower end (ie affordable) and it simple focuses on American dining. Is there anything more American than Mac and Cheese and Pizza? 


Best macaroni and cheese, ever. This dish can come out tasting fake, or too salty or not salty enough. For something that also comes in a box, it's really easy to get completely wrong. Now, we paid several times box price for this but it's worth every penny. Hands down, best mac and cheese ever. End of story.




Oh, random artsy picture of me. 






The other thing we had was mushroom pepperoni pizza. I'm not going to say that this is the best pizza I've never had (I've been to Italy) but this was pretty good. It still has the downfalls of pizza as it was greasy, but it was pretty good for a decent price. 


I recommend Sauce. They combine fine (or, better) dining food with casual dining prices.

20 comments:

  1. Mac & Cheese and pizza??? Yes, please!! Those are my two favorite foods :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mac & cheese looks so yummy!!

    ♥ Shia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this restaurant, but the food does look tempting.

    www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps it's not in your area. I only think it goes as north as Nevada.

      Delete
  4. Omgggg mac & cheese and pizza!! Looks like you guys had a great meal and a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, man. Remind me to never read your blog when I'm starving ever again. That mac and cheese looks soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. remind me of my best pizza in Italy. miss Italians pizzas ;)

    http://excurlythoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where was the best pizza in Italy?

      Delete
  7. i am always tempted to order mac & cheese at a restaurant. just a wonderful guilty pleasure!!!! looks amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd hate it if the mac and cheese I ordered wasn't delicious though!

      Delete
  8. Omg lovee your food update! I absolutely love Italian food! I eat pastas and pizzas a lot but mostly deliveries, Sauce looks like a good place to eat! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post! Looks yummy.

    Shall we follow each other?

    WWW.FASHIONWHIT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  10. om gosh that pizza looks lush!! I want some in my tummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is by far one of my favorite places to eat! YUM!

    xoxo,
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmm that looks delicious! I wish I could take it from my computer screen lol!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That mac n cheese looks amazing!!! I want some now. LOL

    http://averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Italian cuisine is one of my favorites (apart from Indian, which I absolutely love). And these dishes look so amazing and delicious!
    The pizza screams "EAT ME", haha ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  15. that mac and cheese looks so good! love the side of pizza lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!