Thursday, January 19

Why I Wouldn't Travel With the Doctor

This is all about why I wouldn't travel with the Doctor, from the show Doctor Who. I've posted previously about Doctor Who and some of you guys said that you have seen the show. 



I've just been thinking about this for a while. Every single person I've spoken with would go traveling with the Doctor as his companion if given the chance. I always end up asking them if they have or have not considered the danger that is constantly involved. They would still go. That's something the Doctor actually asks his companions too--about the danger and they answer in the same way. I have three reasons that range from the petty, the practical and the profound.

The Petty: I can't drop everything and go. That's been my issue for a lot of events forever, but I can't drop it and go. I can't come back and adjust. I'm not good with change... and what is travelling in the TARDIS but constant change? 

The Practical: I wouldn't last. How many times has the Doctor said "RUN?!?" to his companion? At the state my cardio is at, I wouldn't last a day in a zombie infestation, not to mention outrun aliens with the Doctor. I've also seem Martha run in heels. ...Martha. How.

The Profound: I don't know if I can handle it. I know I can't handle the physical... but knowing about the worlds out there? I don't know if I can handle that. In each episode, the Doctor and his companion goes on a dangerous journey and I think I'd become so exhausted. I'm not one who runs towards danger. I walk away and I would only look back from behind a very safe wall. 

13 comments:

  1. We've had this conversation before, I know, but I must say I have to agree with your "practical" reason for me too. But, running with the Doctor could build up your cardio! ...Assuming you don't die first. So, really, it's good exercise!

    P.S. Guess who's seeing Young Frankenstein with AJ Holmes in it in February?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely die first. There's no way I wouldn't.

      Delete
  2. I would drop everything and go. I love traveling and want to see the world. Just minus the doctor. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't resist; I'd go! I'm sure I'd regret it somewhere down the line when I'm running for my life from cybermen or weeping angels (they are so creepy!), but I'd go. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be deleted in a heartbeat.

      Delete
  4. LOL! Obviously I don't watch this show, because I don't know what's going on. HAHAHA Just dropping in to say hi Aki. >.<

    http://averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. But but but! Even if you drop everything and go time travelling, he could drop you back off at the time before you left so nothing would have changed :) Except your memories, because you're a time traveller now so you think in a different way :D Wibbley Wobbley Timey Wimey~

    I think I would go. :)

    So glad you posted about Doctor Who lol.

    vonnie <3
    ohsovonnie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, that's a good point... but! The issue with time travel is that it leaves you older. So if you go with the Doctor for a month you'd be a month older. Then, if he brings you back to the same time, you'd have to change your birthday... and you could possibly end up being 30 while you're actually 35 if enough time compounds.

      Delete
  6. i was thoroughly confused because i fail at reading & didn't see "the" & only saw "doctor" so i wondered why u wouldn't wanna travel w a doctor hahahahha *fail*

    ReplyDelete
  7. no idea about the show but I love the first 2 sentences, it reminded me of Edward popping infront of Bella in the middle of the night...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm I haven't seen the show but am interested in knowing what it's about. So far I've heard good things :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Doctor Who, but I definitely wouldn't travel with the Doctor either.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm pretty skilled at walking in dangerously high heels.. but running? No. I've always envied girls with the skills to do so. In the event of zombies or fire, or zombies on fire even, they will always have that 2 second lead on me while I kick off my shoes before I run.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!