Saturday, February 18

Misikko Hair Dryer Review

There is NO way that you haven't seen this company and their products around before. But I'd like to add my own review in. This product was provided by Misikko for review. This review reflects my honest opinions.

I was approached to review the HANA Air Premiere Hair Dryer right when I was considering the purchase of a new hair dryer. The old hair dryer I was using was an old Conair that I found somewhere in the house. It worked at blowdrying my hair well-enough (or so I thought) but I hated how it made my hair smell after using it. Note: that's not normal.

However, I was hesitant about purchasing a Hana product. It's claimed as Salon quality and about two hundred dollars. ...Not exactly one of my usual purchases. But the thing is, guys, that you never just get the hair dryer. I received a nine pound box from Hana... and the hair dryer was not nine pounds.  



As you can see, the box was packed full of goodies.


What kind of goodies? Well... I got a monkey.


As well as a dust bag I could not get a decent picture of.


A sleeping mask.


Two seperate bags of a bunch of nail files (I desperately need a new one) and hand sanitizer.


A heat protectant pad for flat irons.


A FULL brush set from Bobbi Brown!!! WHAT?



An ELF Eyelash Curler.


A cloth cover thing.


A bottle of Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Shampoo and a bottle of Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Treatment. At the bottom there are scented roses; they're just filler but I LOVED THEM. 


Not to mention... oh yeah, the hair dryer. It came in a fancy box. 



I am by no means, a hair expert. So, let me start by telling you what I was looking for. I wanted this to dry my hair quickly; I wanted this to be easy to use; I wanted it to not dry out my hair; I wanted this to not frizz out or damage my hair.

Let's start with what this hairdryer is. I'm inserting my comments on the side.

Ion Technology- condition hair & reduces static electricity (No static in the winter. My hair doesn't float anymore!)
Tourmaline & Titanium Oxide Technology- natural ions promote healthier hair (Smoother and definitely reduces post dry frizz.)
Silver Nanotechnology- for antibacterial Protection (I.... don't know about this one. )
Scratch Resistant Shell with black metallico finish adds durability and is easy to clean (Very pretty. Yes, it is!)
Long life motor with low noise (I'd add that the motor is freaking strong! The medium setting here is strong thank high from my other dryer.)
Gyroscopically balanced for easy handling (It's a bit heavier than what I was using before, but not inconveniently.)
Fiberglass concentrator
Italian Design


This has two fan settings, three heat settings and a cold shot. It even comes with a warranty for two years! Before, I had to towel dry my hair then blowdry layer by later. Overall, it would take about twenty minutes. With this, it takes less than ten. I have incredibly thick hair, so if I'm okay with it being a little bit damp, it only takes five minutes after towel drying. Power and efficiency are it's two best selling points. The next is probably the result. My hair is less frizzy and has less static. Because I don't need as much heat to dry it, it feels softer and silkier as a result. If your hair is damaged, this dryer isn't going to heal your hair or give it magic sun powers, but it will probably be better than what you're using now. Lastly, this thing is durable. When I first got it, I planned on dropping it on the floor to see how it would last. That's something my last hairdryer always did--fall on the floor. But I didn't need to with this one. There are two rubber nubs on the sides of the dryer... it doesn't budge from your counter. 

It retails for 194.99, which is more than I had ever considered paying for a hairdryer. But let's take a look at the whole package, shall we? Even if we get rid of the doll, the bags and containers, there are some SERIOUS freebies here. We all love E.L.F (which is the brand I've seen included most often) but Paul Mitchell  and Bobbi Brown aren't E.L.F. There are freebies in every package, so it's not just the ones for review. According to a Misikko representative, "We basically have really big bins full of makeup and each box gets different makeup it’s really all what the picker decides to put into that box. Then on top every box gets the eye mask, hand sanitizer bag, heart shaped rose soap, and a heat proof mat." If you value these freebies, the true cost of the dryer may not be $200. If you don't, there is the two year warranty and the quality of the product to consider.

Would I buy this? To be honest, no, I wouldn't. I'm not in a state in my life where I splurge on nice products. I'm in the stage in my life where I try to pay for graduate school. However, if you're looking to make an investment in a hairdryer, or if you blowdry often and you want to maintain healthy hair, I'd definitely recommend this. There is not a single part of this product that performs badly. Misikko may have the best hair dryers. I read a lot of other reviews before doing this one... and I did not read a single negative sentiment about its performance. If you're interested, please also look at Chi Flat Irons.

32 comments:

  1. that's a great review!and the goodies that came with it are super awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow so many stuff it came with! they look good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aren't you glad you got it for free? :) that's definitely a price i can't afford. i'd rather they lower the price than give all those freebies i don't need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm glad I got to try one of these. I think I'm definitely going to invest in haircare later down the line because I like having long healthy hair.

      Delete
  4. Awesome review. I actually haven't heard of Hana before...you got some amazing stuff! I'm glad you didn't have to purchase it. That price is steep! yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Bobbi Brown!!

    http://www.ohmydior.org/

    ReplyDelete
  6. How that looks absolutely darling. I have been needing a new hair dryer but I just haven't taken the plunge in purchasing a new one yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If this one is in your price range, definitely consider it!

      Delete
  7. There are so many awesome products here..! I'd love to try the hair dryer, but always use just cheaper one I can get drug stores.. Great review :) xo akiko
    Style Imported

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome post! I need a new hair dryer too but can't figure out which one to get. Will have to look up this brand. Thanks! Love the extra goodies included.

    Mary
    simplybeautifulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's some awesome stuff! Bobbi brown brushes? that's SO wow!
    I love how they package in so many goodies, i remember when i got my flat iron from them, they did they same, so generous!
    i'm looking for a new hair dryer too! mine dries out my hair so badly and the frizz! oh boy! i really want to try this now but i don't think i'm ready to fork over $200 just yet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was expecting ELF but not Bobbi Brown at all. I was really surprised.

      Delete
  10. Nice brush:)

    I invite you to
    http://fashion-whoknow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. aah the monkey doll is so cute dear ! and the hair dryer seems great, the brush too.

    http://mithakomala.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that Bobbi Brown set is a pretty sweet freebie! Thank you for the review and for being so honest in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey, aki! awesome pkg! it's so hard finding the right dryer. great review. :)

    xoxo
    jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  14. We got to review this dryer too and really did love it. Totally worth the money in my opinion. But it is an investment because they have a good life policy. Great review.

    Got your comment about getting some new Gianni Bini shoes. Yay!! Just love the brand! :-)
    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've read only great reviews on this product. I actually have a flat iron of theirs to review...need to do it soon! Oh...just looked at the post below...honestly I would keep looking for the shoes. The sweater cuff on #2 is going to stretch out and #1 is cute, but you don't seem totally sold on them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved reading the review. I'm with you that spending $200 on a hair dryer is not exactly practical, but at least it sounds like it is worth the money if you are looking for a high end hair dryer.

    Mandy
    Kini Style & The Klury Report

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lucky you! Getting so much free stuff.

    I have no need for it though, I just let me hair naturally air dry.

    ReplyDelete
  18. nice! ^_^


    P.S. Thank you so much for your quick response in visiting & following us. ヅ

    - wrey

    http://fashionmoto.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. this review is very useful. i'm in search of hairdryer. thanks

    http://excurlythoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. wooowww. you got so much stuff! haha
    nice review, dear :)

    <3
    The Sweetest Escape 

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the freebies that you got, especially the bobbi brown make up brushes. I agree with you that I probably wouldn't buy it either, it seems quite a lot for a hairdyer, whether it was good or otherwise. xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. My dear,
    I found your blog by chance, while peeking others and I decided to check it out! I’m glad I did it, because I am really delighted with yours. It's beautiful, well structured, interesting, sweet amazing [probably your own qualities right?] and it has completely got me hooked. I think we're going to get along just fine! ;)
    I'd like to invite you to follow each other. I’d be very pleased.
    I wish you lots of success and will surely come back often
    kisses

    http://cottoncandy-peaches@blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have heard such good things about this product. I should look into getting one of my own at some point.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow! I can't believe all the extra stuff that was included! what great customer service.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've never heard a bad review either! What a great hair dryer and wonderful products your received.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Did I understand well, u bought a dryer and got all that extra stuff?? WOW

    And what a nice packaging!
    Thanks for visiting my blog btw :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!