Thursday, April 12

The Best Grilled Cheese

There's a place that opened up on campus a few years ago. It's called Engrained. Engrained tries to be healthy, to have good quality food that is different from the college pizza lunch. At a bit of a higher price, it definitely achieves this goal. I found an excuse, finally, and went there. 

I found the service to be superb. that's right. Eating location on a college campus... and they have service. They seat you and you're allow to look at the food for the day. Then you order. It's a... fancier cafeteria buffet, if you will. I found this experience to be so unique because I only stayed on campus and in a dorm for one year. Even during that year, I didn't eat in the cafeteria that often. 

That day, I selected, hands down, the best grilled cheese I've never had in my life. Hopefully, it won't be the best grilled cheese I ever have. I can't get over the fact that there was cheese on the outside.  


I try not to eat on campus because it's so expensive, but I think I could definitely stop by again if I had the time.

16 comments:

  1. oh my...that looks so incredible. I'd never thought of putting cheese on the outside too! yum!

    Mal @ The Chic Geek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's such a simple idea.

      Delete
  2. when i saw this i was like oh my god cheese on the outside!!it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting! Was this a cheese-only sandwich or did they add other stuff too? We have a grilled cheese place that puts potato chips inside for a nice crunch - so fatty and so GOOD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a cheese only sandwich but potato chips sounds like a good idea!

      Delete
  4. omg that looks incredible...ugh I wish there was one of those around here lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. whoa, grilled cheese with cheese on the outside too???? O___o YUMMMMM!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does look really nice. Probably better than the pizza I got for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. uh, that looks amazing! yummy!!! i love a grilled cheese. especially with tomato soup.

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got some cheese and tomato soup per this idea today!

      Delete
  8. gosh it looks amazing!
    here it's 10.30am and i'm already hungry!!
    cute blog! i'm following you by google friends box hope you'll do the same ONLY if' you'll like mine!
    sweet italian kisses

    Syriously in Fashion
    Syriously Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, I absolutely don't eat campus food. But they also don't serve stuff like this...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!