Saturday, April 14

ELF Studio Blushes!

When I hit pan on my Covergirl Blush, I got two more blushes from ELF. Little did I know that "hitting pan" does not mean you're done with it. At all... But I do have to pretty blushes to review!

The one on the left is Berry Merry and the on on the right is is Blushing Rose.



I think they're both lovely mauve/berry colors. But let's take them out of their cases. First up, Berry Merry. This color redefines blushes for me. Before, I had to really layer on my blush for it to be even a little bit visible. But Berry Merry is so incredibly pigmented that I have to really watch out and use the lightest hand with it.




This is a darker berry color that I find appealing because of my darker, yellow/olive tinted skin. It was perfect in the winter but I'm not 100% sure about how it'll be in the summer. There are many comparisons between this product and NARS products so if you're into dupes for three dollars, I'd definitely look into it. This color does have some pretty visible gold and silver shimmer in it, which may be a deal maker or breaker for ya!



This Blushing Rose is a lot more pink, but it's still a dark pink. While not as pigmented as Berry Merry, it's not  NOT pigmented. As far as different skintones go, I think this color is a lot more versatile on much darker skintones than mine and much lighter. There is shimmer here, but less than in Berry Merry. It's also apparently a NARS dupe!

Overall, I've been loving these blushes for three bucks! I find that it's nice sleek packaging, good color and pigmentation and an overall great product. I highly recommend it. 

Have you tried these out? What did you think?

14 comments:

  1. Hey !
    I haven't tried them, but I really like those tones !

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aki!

    I have heard of those products!
    They are cheap and very food they say
    Will see if i can find them in Montreal

    Ariane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are available in Canada... though the price is higher.

      Delete
  3. Yes I've tried them and i looove them!! plus they are affordable!! ^_^~

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great! I haven't tried these, but I always hear good things about them! I especially love the price! You just can't beat that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love elf blushes, they actually work a lot better for me than the drugstore ones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen some pretty chalky drugstore shades!

      Delete
  6. i've tried some elf products but never the blushes. i like their brushes, eyeliner and nail polish. i should try the blushes though too!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice review! i really love the color of it >< i love to wear blush on than any other makeups ;D

    http://mithakomala.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. As someone who has very sensitive skin that breaks out within seconds, I stay away from these products. I find that Neutogena is hypoallergenic and noncomedogenic. They work best for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think I have a use for these. :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have both of these and they're both so pretty. I especially loved Merry Berry this past fall/winter. If you like this color family I would suggest trying Mellow Mauve next. I can't wait for them to release some more shades because I've managed to collect all of the Studio blushes ;x

    ReplyDelete
  11. never tried it..the only one i ever used was an avon one..this looks nice though..

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are both so pretty! I've been really into blushes recently!!

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!