Monday, April 30

My Life is Awesome Mondays: ABC12, Graduation and Travel

Oh man... I have so much to tell you! 

 I went to the Arizona Blogger Conference on Saturday, April 28th. You probably don't remember, but I attended a meetup last year as well. Like last year, I got lost on the way there and on the way back. This year's conference, known lovingly as ABC12, was awesome. I think there were at least 2x the number of people attended. On the other hand, I don't think I spoke with as many people. We got goody bags, we mingled, and we listened to speakers. I only took two pictures to commemorate the event.  

The first picture was of some jars of pickled something or the other people were putting on bread. I thought it was weird. Sophistication is weird. 


The second is a bag of goodies! Just look at all that stuff. The popchips and candy are gone already. Of course. 
When I think back, I'm not really sure how to describe my experience. The event included tips and tricks for bloggers, keynote speakers, salon services ( I got chalk put in my hair!), clothing...  Being there was a surreal experience. Everyone exemplified that "blogger style" looked like they stepped off the pages of lookbook. I think the average height of heels there was four inches. I'm going to link you to Brenda Eden because 1. she's an actual photographer and 2. she took pictures of the event. I'm still trying to find everyone I talked to and connect connect connect!

I'm graduating on Wednesday, May 2nd. I think I'm just excited to be done with school for the semester. 

Avengers comes out on Friday, May 4th. Due to my schedule, I don't think I'll get to see it right away but I'm so excited to see Loki, his army, the Avengers and their Hulk. You probably know that I love Superhero movies, but this one is special. It's written/directed by Joss Whedon who you probably know from Buffy the Vampire Slay, Dollhouse, and Firefly. He's known for awesome plot and character development, which is usually lacking in superhero movies. I'm so excited about this that it's just hard to be eloquent. 

 I'm going to China for two weeks on Sunday, May 6th. Surprise! I know I don't have many Chinese readers (I think blogger is blocked) but I do know some of you guys are from Malaysia, Singapore, and HK. I also think I know some people who are Chinese but live in the US, Australia or Canada? Anyways, I'd love to know if you'll be in Shanghai on May 7th, 8th or 16th through 20th. Or if you'll be in Beijing from the 9th to the 15th. I'd love an international meet up! 

19 comments:

  1. oh wow, thats alotof stuff happening in your life!! i wish you have a nice holiday in China!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to see The Avengers, we're planning to go on Saturday

    Mal @ The Chic Geek

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meet-ups are super fun! I have one coming up in October, and I am SUPER stoked.


    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been to a blogger meetup before. It sounds like fun though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. life seems really busy and interesting right now..i graduate in a couple of months..the blogger meet sounds so fun!and that trip!!!
    i so agree with what you said about joss whedon..i'm not sure if fandom geeks only know this or it is general knowledge...but he does rock..

    ReplyDelete
  6. great recap on ABC12! Wish we would have been able to chat. Next time:)

    PS. I'm also uber excited to watch the Avengers;)

    xo, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many exciting things going on with you! :D Going to a blogger conference seems so exciting! omg have fun with everything you're going to be doing soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking forward to The Avengers too but I'm going to try and refrain from going to the cinema too soon because I know it will be PACKED out and get unruly kids making too much noise! Hehe. Lucky you, I wish I could take a trip to China. I'm Chinese and never even stepped foot into Mainland China how bad is that?! One day... I shall walk the Great Wall... or at least part of it. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope you get to China one day!

      Delete
  9. have the most amazing time in china! i love it there

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy China!!!

    It looks like you had a lot of fun in your blogger meet up!! That sounds awesome. I'm going to look into one of those :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me Chinese here raising my hand. Chinese Singaporean.

    I don't generally like to attend bloggers event coz I find some local bloggers who think they are very popular really shallow. I must say that there are really genuine and nice ones too.

    Avengers is out on Sneak preview last night 30th April but I'm only watching it on the 12th. boo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I can understand your opinion of bloggers, for sure. Some can also be really intimidating.

      Delete
  12. I went and looked at the other photos from the meet up.. it looks like a really cool event! Congrats on graduating, and have safe travels! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Best of luck for everything.

    Follow each other.

    ReplyDelete
  14. lots of events coming up! congratulations on graduating and have a fun trip to China!

    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey there other local blogger:) I wasn't able to make it to the AZ Blogger Conference but I have a local blog too and I found yours through Fashion Route. I really enjoy your good writing and blatant honesty. It's refreshing:) Hopefully sometime we can meet and chat up all things Avengers and/or Firefly! Have a great trip and be sure to blog about it!

    Hannah at Heroine Chic,
    http://www.chicheroine.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!