Tuesday, April 3

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

What you've been waiting for! Pictures from The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios.

Here's me, looking awesome because it's still early in the morning. You'll notice my appearance become more and more disheveled as the day goes on. How do people travel and manage to look amazing? 


Here's Hogsmeade!


This was a ride that we passed. It's a roller-coaster "for kids" as named by my little brother. I did not ride this.


I had to take a walk through the gift shop! And I spotted a house elf that had gotten stuck way up high. Watching all of us. Creepy.


HOGWARTS. How majestic is that?


The line for the main attraction (ie: tour of Hogwarts ride) was so freaking long. I had my mom wait in it, then my brother and I waited there and it all still took about three hours. There were parts of the line where you barely moved outside and parts where you had to walk through so fast that you didn't get to see everything. For a place where it seemed like it had everything else together, that part of planning was quite bad.

But I saw the mirror of Erised.


At one part, we walked into the greenhouse. Thank goodness for shade.


There were people in line as far as the eye could see. Really. Look in the middle of the picture.


Here are some Mandrakes.


And Dumbledore's office.


The rest were just pictures I snapped as quick as I possibly could when I was walking through.



We saw boys from the Dumstrang Institute.


There was a snowman who looked out of place considering how warm it was.


Saw some owl post...


Hermoine's dress.


The Hog's Head and Three Broomsticks were right next to each other.


I pretty much debated about eating at one or the other for a long time, but we ultimately decided that it would take too long. This freed up some time for me to look at candy stores! You have no idea how much I wanted to buy something... but when you really think about it, it's probably mediocre candy too large to finish in one sitting... Lovely packaging, but you'd have to carry it around and have it melt. Not worth it.


Instead, I enjoyed a cold butterbeer. My brother aptly pointed out that it tastes the same as cream soda. And it's true.



The light was blinding here... I don't know if I have my eyes open or not... and I can't tell.


Goodbye!

34 comments:

  1. Hogwarts! How cool is that? I love harry potter and I must visit this place!
    Fang Ting
    ftashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aki, these pics are awesome. So much detail went into the architecture and setups. Truly amazing. Thanks for sharing it with us. :D
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously! The detail was awesome!

      Delete
  3. They did a really nice job with the park. I wish I lived near Orlando

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your post so much! These pictures are really gorgeous!
    Take a look and if you want we can follow each others: Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jealous! I think my favorite shot is the owl post. They did a nice job antiquing the wood. Is it dorky that the wood finish is what catches my eye?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is weird! Some of the wood was really fake and shiny and plasticy but others were really made for authenticity.

      Delete
  6. I SOOOOOO want to go here but I know it's going to be ridiculously packed. like, always!

    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  7. How awesome!!! Great pics! I hope one I'll be able to visit there! It looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. God how exciting you got to go experience Hogwarts - those lines do sound a little off putting though I must say! All the photos are fantastic and it looks like you had an amazing day (you dont look dishevelled at all by the way)

    Anna xo
    http://lifesshinyprettythings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think this was all before noon though!

      Delete
  9. aw looks like so much fun! Ur making me want to go to the harry potter warner bros studio here in the uk...need to oraganise asap! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I missssss itttt. Lines, prices, I don't care, let's go backkkk (to Hogwarts)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun! Love that owl post...totally transports you back in time...awesome adventures awaits...I'm jealous ;D

    Thanks for visiting and leaving such awesome comments, hope to see you back soon!
    xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

    Haute Khuuture.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how I envy you! I would love to go! I'm such a fan of the books. It must have been pretty surreal walking on the grounds of Hogwarts

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this post and also your blog! It's so nice!!! I follow you!
    Pass to my blog and if it likes you follow me too, I will be so glad :D
    kisses
    http://francescagiusti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow beautiful post!!! I like the photos!!!
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to say that the Dumstrang Institute boys are a letdown..looks floosy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was very fortunate that I was able to go for a special event where the park was closed just for the event. We got to ride three times in a couple of hours, despite being pitch black and storming.
    I bought a chocolate frog and it was good. I also got an ornament since I collect from from my travels, and we got to do the wand choosing..something they only do for kids, I wasn't disappointed at all, just sad we only had two hours and had to cram it in. I didn't even see Hermione's dress!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahhh hun, so lucky! i wanted to go there so bald. so many of my friends have went this year, i feel like i'm the only person who hasn't gone! your pictures look amazing, oh wow, this makes me want to read the books one more time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. omggg! That's so amazing! I heard butterbeer is pretty good. Having it taste like cream soda is a bit disappointing :P but wow, crazy experience, im totally jealous haha

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is freaking amazing!!!i so would have got some of those candies and i wish i could have the butterbeer...you looked good through out the day..you should see me..i start resembling a chipmunk after being in the sun for too long..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Omg this looks like so much fun! I haven't been to Disney since I was like...7 years old. I didn't know they had a recreation of the places from Harry Potter. 3 hours for one ride is crazy long though. I think my legs would have gone numb from standing for so long haha

    ReplyDelete
  21. My best friend went there on Tuesday!! If that's the one in Florida...

    Anyways, it looks AWESOME and I'm super jealous of the both of you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. i've never been big into harry potter but even i have to say that this is very cool

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've never been!! Looks like you guys had a great time!! Love all of the photos!!

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  24. ahhhhh omg I want to go too!!!!! I think it would be so fun to be one of the actors (well...maybe not in the summer...too sweaty) or even better design those sets. I have to admit I would've totally bought a chocolate frog~ Thanks for showing us these pics!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks like such a fun place! The decorations are really cool, I like the owl post :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. you are so lucky. I'll go there too on June. So excited. It looks wonderful

    -jean

    ReplyDelete
  27. My best friend and I make an adult version of butterbeer by putting a shot or two of butterscotch schnapps in a full glass of root beer. It's *awesome*.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my gosh, want to be there! I love the HP movies!
    Seems like a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!