Tuesday, May 1

Mellow Mushroom

I was very excited last summer for Mellow Mushroom to open, but I didn't get to go until much, much later. 

This is yet another restaurant on Mill Ave. From the outside, it looks so brightly lit and exciting.



Confession, I actually went in the fall. Their menu was specifically designed for the fall season which is cool.




Of course, we got their specialty--some pizza. It had a few kinds of mushroom, a few kinds of cheese and jalopenos on half. Jalopenos are too spicy for me.




Unfortunately, I found the pizza to be a bit bland, Without the heat of the jalapenos, the cheese got to be a bit much and there wasn't much flavor in the mushroom. I was disappointed with the pizza. On the other hand, the meal overall wasn't a bad experience because the waitress/kitchen messed up our order and we got wings late and for free.




The wings weren't spectacular, but they weren't bad at all! Though I was so excited about Mellow Mushroom, I have to admit it's bust for me. I don't object to going back and trying other pizzas but I don't have an immediate return trip planned. 

17 comments:

  1. Awww incredible pictures ! And yummy dishes ! And yes, that was the part of my biiiiiig leg ! hahaha :D Kiss x


    http://mfashionmyobsession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry about it. Not big at all!

      Delete
  2. Aww too bad it was a bust. I would have felt the same way going there with your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The name makes me want to go, even if it's not that great. And if I don't really like pizza. And even though I don't live anywhere near it. Ok, maybe I won't go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oo i like the name of the restaurant! that pizza looks awesome but too bad you said it's bland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the name of the place and the theme too. Might have to give it a second try.

      Delete
  5. i give every restaurant at least 2 shots unless the food was really really terrible the 1st time...i happen to go crazy over jalapenos over certain periods and then i can't stand them again for a while..i love chicken wings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have one in my town, but I haven't been yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE mellow mushroom! I can walk to it from my office. The potato pizza and the avocado sandwich are amazing!

    xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try their sandwiches next time!

      Delete
  8. I totally want to try this place! I hate when I am disappointed with restaurants so reading this was a huge help!! :)

    xoxo,
    Alyssa

    sincerelytrulyscrumptious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mellow Mushroom's facade looks nice! Their food also look so delectable. Yum! :-)


    I hope you get to visit my blog soon. :-)

    Much love from Mystic Nymph.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute looking restaurant. xD The pizza looks lovely. Bad luck it didn't taste amazing though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love Mellow Mushroom!
    I went there when I was in Hilton Head last year :)

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  12. Free wings was a nice gesture! The pizza looked yummy, too bad that it didn't live up to your expectations =[

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used to like Mellow Mushroom when I lived on the east coast, but unfortunately they don't have them in California. I hope you next visit works out better for you:)

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm with you...Mellow Mushroom is just so so! Do you have a Renna's? They have AMAZING white pizza!!

    Have a great weekend!!
    ♥ Shia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!