Saturday, May 26

11 Questions Tag (again)

Unrelated Avengers Spoiler Picture
via tumblr
I was tagged by Gayle from Gayle's Wishlist. This was really fun to do!

You have to answer 11 questions and then tag 11 people to answer your own 11 questions.

Here are the questions asked by Gayle:


1. Drugstore or high end makeup/skincare brands?

Drugstore, drugstore, drugstore. When I was first getting into makeup, I actually got my taste of both. A friend took me to get some drugstore foundation. Another friend helped me get some foundation and mascara from Sephora. It took me a little bit to realize that respective friends only shopped drugstores or more high end brands. As I started reading blogs myself, I grew to love drugstore items. I definitely see the value in most high end items, but I believe that if you spend a bit more time and do your research, there's definitely comparable drugstore items at a fraction of the price.


2. Why did you start blogging?

I'd been reading a lot of blogs and REALLY just had to get in on the action. I was falling in love with documenting my life, my fashion, my food and my thoughts in a public place. Probably not a great reason, but I wanted to share.



3. Is the number of followers important to you to decide to follow a blog/ or even take a look at it?

I kind of evaluate a blog on how many followers it has, but perhaps not in the way that you'd expect. First, I have to like the blog. Obviously. Then, it if has a small number of followers, I'll subscribe. If it has 500, I'll raise my expectations for it and see if I still like it. If it has thousands, I'll have to be sure that it's a blog I really like before I follow it. I blog for interaction--and I already follow more than enough blogs for me to keep inspired and keep reading. I think that larger blogs may be less likely to interact with you so I don't follow 'em unless I love love them.


4. How many lipsticks/lip stains/lip balms do you own?

I own two lipsticks. One nude pink from Estee Lauder and one really magentaish red. I think I'm going to get a true red and then a nice pink and I probably will never need lipstick for the rest of my life because I wear it so infrequently.


5. What is your worst fear?

Uncertainty. I'm extremely risk adverse. I hate "the unknown" and I hate unpredictability. From important things like my career to day-to-day things like attending a party, I hate it when I don't know what to expect. I think if I knew ahead of time, I can plan for it.


6. Do you prefer to shop online or in store?

It depends. If I'm trying to wrap my head around a style, I'll look online to see how people are wearing it, where they're buying it and where I can find it. Then I'll actually go in the stores to try things on. I can't buy anything without trying it on because of sizing issues.


7. Have you ever met a celebrity?

No. Unfortunately.


8. What's your biggest dream?

To find something I am truly passionate about and work on something that "isn't work". I don't think it's going to happen though. 

9. Would you get out of the house without makeup on?

Oh yeah. I do it all the time. I think now a days, I wear makeup as much as I don't wear makeup. 

10. Do you wear mostly heels or flats?

mmm. Mostly heels, I'd say. I have the unique quality of being flatfooted--so heels give me the arch I need on those days where I have to walk a lot. 

11. Do you care about all the chemicals that you can find in your daily skin care, makeup products, tab water, food, etc?

Nope. I try to do what I can with small actions but I'd rather enjoy a short life than suffer though a long one.

Here are my questions:

1. Who is your favorite superhero? Why?
2. What is your favorite magazine?
3. Have you ever lived abroad?
4. If you could only wear one accessory (bracelet, earring, necklace, etc) for the rest of your life, what would you wear?
5.  Do you own any animals?
6. How do you know when it's true love?
7. As for perfume... floral, fruity, foodie, other?
8. Do you have a favorite store to shop at for clothes?
9. What blogging habit gets on your nerves?
10. What type of music do you like listening to? Any favorite artists or songs? 
11. Are you satisfied with your job?


I'm tagging:
everyday outfits
Spinning Threads
thingamajig
Angela See, Angela Blog
The Pink Boudoir
respect the shoes
Wonder Woman Rises
Makeup is Art
ExCurly Thoughts
A Very Sweet Blog
The House of Shoes.

31 comments:

  1. Great to read all this. Iron Man is simply amazing!

    Xo, Imke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww darn it..I shouldn't have bothered trying to find the spoiler in that picture. I didn't even watch the movie yet lol

    Very interesting read though! I agree with you about the drugstore thing. I used to be a huge Sephora junkie but lately I've been buying mostly drugstore and Asian drugstore brands, which I honestly think are a lot better than some of the stuff from high end brands. And I'm the same exact way too when deciding which blogs to follow. I have over 200 subscriptions, so I've gotten a lot more picky about which ones I follow now. You're right that those blogs with 1000s of subscribers usually are not as interactive with their readers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that Sephora is just better at some products, but most people I know try a lot of 25 dollar mascaras and honestly, if I'm going to try products, I'd rather try 8 dollar ones.

      Delete
  3. Hi dear, this was a very insightful post...some really great answers. I agree with you on number three completely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to google the spoiler, I think I'm the last one left who hasn't seen the movie. I feel like now I don't have to, though! lol.

    Your #10 answer is perfect. While living a healthy life is great, I don't feel like I need to get all crazy about it. My theory is I would rather die from something than "nothing." And I want to think that I had some fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree it depends with online vs store. There's some stuff you can never find in the store vs online, but despite no physical investigation of a product there's just more fun in browsing around your local shops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think shopping in person can be tiring and stressful because of crowds. Suppose that's another reason I might like online.

      Delete
  6. I totally here you on the fear of uncertainty! Does this make us control freaks? I don't think so... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol. As I age, I am starting to wear less makeup out too. Feels liberating in a way. I'm a total drugstore girl too. You can find great products for super cheap.
    Seattle Beauty Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. with those answers i like you more ;) and you have more lipsticks than me :))) thank you so much for tagging me

    http://excurlythoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. It's during these silly question and answers that I discover more about my favorite bloggers as well.

      Delete
  9. Love this tag, it was very interesting! :) I agree with you about my biggest fear is the unknown! Hate it!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a lot of fun to read, and surely a lot of fun for you to do. And yay, I have flat arches too and finally I have met someone who understands that heels actually give a little bit more support than flats.

    http://red-soledfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love that you wear drugstore makeup. I wear a mixture of both. I love Revlon eyeliner and Maybelline foundation.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  12. hehe yeah, the reason I started a blog was because I had been reading other blogs first too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice reading tags like this! makes me get to know the blogger more :) and i'm flatfooted as well!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. loved reading this tag! i love blogging bc i get to meet new ppl too. very important to me :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh you tagged me! Thank you! I'll try to get around to doing the questions too :) I wear drugstore makeup too, I mean who cares? haha. oh and I definitely want to have a job that doesn't feel like 'work' too.


    The House of Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice answers! I love reading this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the tag!

    And there's still plenty of time to find something to do for your living that you can be passionate about so it is not considered really "work." And if it is not exactly meeting your expectations - shoot, work allows us the luxury of doing things we enjoy in life!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the tag darling! I love your answers and getting to know you


    Thanks for the comment,
    XXASAB
    Newest post:Mismatched

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fun read :) I absolutely agree and practice the way you choose to follow a blog. I like the interacting too and I think I have more than enough blogs to interact with lol. It's so fun getting to know other bloggers..like you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. he lives!!!
    great read..i agree with the thing about followers..i also do that..i hadn't realised it you know!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like that you set your own questions with this tag! I think I do the same with followers, theinteraction is the best bit. I hope you find your passion soon x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I agree with you about the number of followers. I want to follow people that are going to interact with me. It makes me a little sad when I am trying to interact with someone through their blog but they never respond to me.

    Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great post: I like your answers so much!!
    What about following each other? Cosa mi metto???
    Win a Romwe dress +$50 freebies and a secret gift

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like the interaction too. For me blogging is personal, so I don't want reading a blog to be like reading the Wall Street Journal--or being a drone in a cult. A few weeks ago one of my blog friends went over 1,000 followers. I teased her by commenting, "1,000 followers? I'm in a cult!!!" Thankfully she appreciated the humor.

    Thank you for stopping by and commenting. =)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very interesting take on the blog and # of followers! Makes total sense and love that these questions aren't the generic kind - nice to learn different kinds of things about you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!