Thursday, June 7

Blogger Appreciation Award

Thanks a ton to drinkcitra who gave me the Blogger Appreciation Award. I know that a lot of people think these awards can be a waste of time or a chain letter type mail but it tells me that there was some type of honor that a blogger had to pass on... and for some strange reason, they thought of me. I know that I may not be their favorite blog, or even one they check every day, but they remember me. So often, while trading comments back and forth, I feel like people can get lost in their blogs. But a few blogs and a few people really stand out to me. I remember what's happening in their lives and the television shows they like and their pets' names. And when you, drinkcitra, or whoever else, selects me for an award or tag, I feel like you remember me. 

Thanks. 

The rules of the Award:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award with their blog link on your post.

2. Answer the following 4 questions. 
3. Award the Blogger Appreciation Award to as many readers/commenters/supporters/followers as you’d like.

4. Let the blogger know you've just awarded them (by leaving a comment, a tweet, an email, etc.)

The questions:
1. How long have you been blogging?
2. What are 1-2 reasons why you started blogging.
3. What types of blogs do you like to follow/read?
4. What is 1 thing you would like to improve on as a blogger/on your blog?

The Answers: 

1. I've been blogging since November of 2010, so about a year and a half now. The time has just flown by!
2. I was in a rut with life. I had started becoming interested in taking pictures and documenting my life, as well as my purchases, my clothes, and makeup. I really wanted to share all that in a more formal format. At the same time, I wanted to be like all these bloggers that I looked up to. This isn't a great reason, but I wanted to live a life that others would envy as well. 
3. I love "special interest" blogs. I love vintage-themed clothing blogs as well as professional wear focused personal style blogs. In terms of makeup, I love both drugstore focused reviews and Asian makeup tutorials. Then I think there are just the people I find intensely interesting--I care about their lives. In a not-creepy way. 
4. Pictures! I am so bad at taking nice outfit pictures and I think these photos really make or break someone's blog!

I award: 
Letters To Juliet
Things I Like to Eat (...and Other Nonsense)
Qin At The Disco

Also, check out and enter my giveaway for a chance at Anjolee Jewelry earrings!

13 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award! I loved reading your answers! Enter my giveaway...I'm giving away some fab eyeliner!!

    ♥ Shia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw yay! Yea, you're one that I definitely remember! You're right that there are so many blogs and bloggers and some can get lost in the blogs they follow and it's nice when people remember you! :D I'm glad you started blogging. It's fun to see these posts about different aspects of your life! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks. I feel like our blogs are quite different, so I'm honored that you remember me!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your award!
    I would love for you to visit my blog sometime!!
    :)
    Allison
    afashionfiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. special interest blogs are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats laura!!!you deserve it...you are definitely 1 of my favs..i think we are at similar positions in life and we have many fandoms in common..i look forward to your posts..and i missed you when you went away!♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely!!! I always really look forward to interacting with you.

      Delete
  6. I can relate to your answer on question two very much! :) Congrats on yuor award too!!<3

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the award! You know how much I love you. :) You deserve this.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! I lovem your blog^^

    polka dot converse♥mfashionfreak

    I'd love to follow you if you could do the same for me <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I started blogging for the community and for inspiration! It has definitely gotten me to take more time with the way I look and dress, which I think has helped me feel better about myself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Aki! So deserving girl!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!