Saturday, June 30

Guide to Scenting Your Home With Tarts: Part 2 - Warmers/Burners

Hey! If you're interested in Scenting Your Home With Tarts, I'd like to direct you to Part One - An Introduction to Tarts. This part will cover the types of melters and burners that you use your tart with.


Like I explained last time, tarts are meant to be melted, not burned like candles. However, some people still use tealights to burn candles. A tealight burner, pictured below, has an opening where you can put a small tealight (unscented candle with wick) to heat up the tart above. If I'm completely honest, I think these are really stupid. The entire reason I moved from candles to tarts is so that I can stop playing around with fire. However, these do melt your tarts quickly. Depending on design ,you can find this burner for about $15 to $30 dollars. 


via essential pleasure, a great reference
This next one is an electric warmer. It has the same format as the one above (a little tray is placed on top), only instead of a tealight warming up the candle, it's a light bulb. You really need to watch how many watts your light bulb is. If it doesn't get hot enough, then your tart isn't going to melt. These can go from $15 to $30 dollars as well. 


via essential pleasure


Lastly, there's the plate warmer. I have a version of this and it's my absolute favorite. It's like a hot plate in that the black part heats up to make the tart on top melt. I feel like these are less common and slightly cheaper at $10 - $25. 


via essential pleasure


However, being really, really thrifty, I purchased the following from Walmart for five dollars. It's not as pretty as the other ones and it doesn't come with a tart holder, but it was a lot cheaper! I'm happy with it! 





I tried to find a shallow and wide container like the ones you saw before, but I couldn't find anything for a good price. 


I use this warmer with a small container I purchased from a bath and body works outlet shop. 



19 comments:

  1. Such a great product! That candle warmer seems awesome to have! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooooh this is a new concept to me and very cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. didn't know the difference between tarts and candles. Interesting how they're melted versus burned

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a candle warmer, but never tried tarts. It's definitely the new and it thing to do. :)
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a candle warmer and I love it. Give off great scent without having an open flame. I like the version you showed that burns tarts.

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
  6. i need to see if i can find tarts here..i have a nasty habit of playing with fire whenever a candle is around..i have sometimes wondered if i am a pyromaniac:P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If not in person, try online and see if they deliver internationally!

      Delete
  7. wow, so many types of burners/warmers for the scents

    thanks for sharing (:


    xoxo
    hueys
    http://www.thedancingjewels.com
    http://polka-dolkies.blogspot.com

    New jewelry freshly made at http://www.thedancingjewels.com

    Do check it out!(:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds great! And it looks really cute as well

    xoxo Sootjeelina

    ReplyDelete
  9. this looks pretty handy! i kinda love a candle, especially in the bathroom. i won't lie though, when you said "tart" i immediately though yummy dessert :)

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live the candles they have in the shape of desserts. I've never owned one but they always look so fab.

      Delete
  10. Hey !
    This is so cute ! I love candles !

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for sharing sweet:)
    checkout mine if you have a chance:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooh thats the first time I've seen an electric warmer for candles/candle wax. I usually use the tea light burner and I like to use fragrance oil as only a few drops is required.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's so cool!! I've never seen these tarts before but now I'm really intrigued to try them :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll be honest, the plate warmers terrify me after I got a defective one once that buzzed the heck out of me with electrical angriness. Up until that time, though, they were amazing. I actually used them with candles as well as tarts and had great luck (except the time I tripped over the cord and pulled down a melted jar of wax on my carpeting, but that was my own fault and not the plate)

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful pictures! i enjoyed it ♥


    If you have a minute, please check out my blog and follow me if you liked it. I'll appreciate it so much! Thanks!


    $30 RIRE giveaway on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have two warmers similar to that last one, except that mine were marketed for keeping your coffee warm. :) I already use one in my office to heat up plain old regular scented candles to scent my office!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard some horror stories so I try to use just the ones that are for melting.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments!