Tuesday, July 31

Grilled Ave

I keep an eye on new restaurants in my area. A while ago I heard about Grilled Ave. A place that opened up right next to my campus. 


It's run by a Korean girl and serves types of Asian cuisine. The location is small, but very central to the ASU campus. Though it's new, you can see how they've already made it homey.


It serves a fusion of Korean, Chinese and Japanese cuisine. All with a bit of American flavor. 




And honest, the prices are pretty great too!





Their food? Not bad! Not bad! If I recall, I got the teriyaki sandwich bento. The sandwich was pretty nice. I found it hard to eat because it kept on falling all over the place but that's really user error. The meat was tender and well seasoned, albeit a bit sweet. Their salad was amazing. It's made of that ginger/sesame seed dressing and it was to die for. I can imagine myself eating a ton of this for lunch... salads are one of the cheapest things on their menu too! The macaroni salad was light and also very very good. I have to say that the stand out portion of the meal was the right side.



My friend got a bento box with sushi. Are those not the biggest sushi you've ever seen?




I have to admit, I was really wary about buying sushi at a place like this. Sushi needs to be fresh! While I wouldn't come here for fresh fish (they don't really have any on the menu anyways) the sushi is a nice and filling meal. At most places, I can't get full on sushi, but here, we had sushi left over. 


Overall, it was an experience that I'd really recommend to others, especially if you're ever in the area.

15 comments:

  1. The pasta salad looks yummy, it's actually making me kind of hungry and I still have like 4 hours to go until dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first saw this post, for some reason I thought the title said "Grilled Alive" lol! Back on topic, the food looks great, and the portions are super big! I have no idea how you managed to eat it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear. That's something completely different!

      Delete
  3. Nice! I always like checking out new restaurants :) there haven't been many around me though..
    The food looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. both the sushi & sandwich look amazing. i am always quite curious to try these asian fusion places. they are so popular these days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha - I thought that sushi was slices of eggplant. They're gigantic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really, really were. Abnormally so!

      Delete
  6. Looks like a cute little place. The best part of being in college is all of the affordable food so close and so good!

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love finding these little restaurant gems! The prices ARE pretty good, and the food looks delish! Must try those massive sushi pieces for myself eventually...

    http://red-soledfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love trying out new places! Good for you Aki, for not always going to the SAME places. The portions are HUGE and prices are small. What a winner!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. they both look like a hearty meal to me..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Remember to take me there when I come back for Winter..I'm hungry.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!