Saturday, August 4

China Recap: Part 4 - The Where in Shanghai

After Beijing, I went back to Shanghai. This includes a few landmarks that I had to take pictures of. These are some shops in the subway that were built in the style of Shanghai in the 1920s. I really adore Shanghai during that time. 

As an American girl, I really love the 20s, 50s and 60s. But I was only exposed to these time periods during school when we were asked to dress up in poodle skirts, neons and grunge to signify the 70s, 80s and 90s. My parents weren't a great resource for me to learn more about China so I only eventually learned about China's recent (fashion and style) history through period dramas. 

Shanghai is much more metro than Beijing. It seems like there's a lot more foreigners and even more Chinese people who speak English. 

Forgive me for doing the same pose in all of these pictures. I literally stayed in the same place and turned to face my dad who rotated around me and captured this picture. 

Me in front of the Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition. No. I don't know what that is.

This is the People's Square. My dad, who is native to Shanghai, told me that when he was a kid (in the sixties) this was an actual square. Now, it's more like a park. 

After so many pictures, I'm not really into the whole picture taking thing.

Forced smile. 

This is XinTianDi. It's a really nice area of shops, restaurants and bars made for mostly tourists. 

This is an unflattering skirt being pulled up picture of me in one of the lanes. The street looks old but it's only a look that they made for this place. 

When I was on a taxi ride, I spotted these huge, huge posters of the Avengers. I wasn't in any good position to take a picture but I still tried. Take a look at how huge they are compared to the person walking!



This is in YuYuan Park. Home of amazing steamed buns. I'm sure it has actual historic value, but that's what I know it as. Again, tons of tourist shops here.

This was found while walking down East Nanjing Road, (or, the Times Square of Shanghai). I've heard about this brand's popularity and actually picked up a face wash from this store. Review to come...whenever I get to using it. 

On that same road, there's a tank with sharks and turtles in it. It's cool, but it makes me a little sad to see that these animals don't have a ton of space to swim in and that they're always exposed to the sun/bright lights. Maybe they're okay with that. 

This is the Bund. I've been here a ton of times but had no idea it was called the Bund. I still have no idea why it's called that. It's a weird word isn't it? Bund? I always want to say Bun. The scenery this way was pretty. 

But directly on the other side is the French Quarter. And I thought that was breathtaking. 
That's all guys!

24 comments:

  1. wow!! Looks like you had an amazing time in Shanghai!!! so jealous :) beautiful pictures!



    The House of Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow looks like such a nice lace! i love the in door sky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fun! I wish I could go to Shanghai too
    I've never been to China :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pics! Aw haha it's ok. You look cute anyway! Love your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh. I am really missing my hometown now. The bund is one of my favorite places, even though it's completely snobby now. And those subway shops are awesome.

    Beauty and Fashion in Seattle | Cheap Makeup Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really know Shanghai too well, but I'm sure that it's changed a lot over the years.

      Delete
  6. these pictures are awesome..i knew very little about the fashion aorund the world for the longest time while i was in school..i so want to travel the world..i have been to parts of india but never out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shanghai looked fun to see, definitely on my list of travels :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to visit it too! great photos dear! kisses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for following dear, I was ur follower already for a while so it made me happy!:) kisses and happy day!

      Delete
  9. That's so cute ! <3

    Patrcia.xoxo

    http://your-destiny-is-me.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so jealous! I definitely want to go there one day so these pics are great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The picture of Xintiandi is stylish! Many places look familiar to me...interesting how you note that there seems to be more foreigners/speakers of English in SH than in BJ, as I always thought the opposite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps it's because I was in more urban areas when I was in Shanghai, but I've always had the more foreigners in SH impression.

      Delete
  12. Shanghai looks gorgeous. I want to travel so badly! Maybe once I am finally finished with grad school. :)

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  13. you're so lucky you got to travel to china. thanks for sharing with us your journey... :)

    kisses,
    jasmine
    ADAM ❤ ALEX Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it all! Oh man, this makes me reallly want to go to Shanghai. Also, booo skirt-lifted-by-bag pictures. I have soooo many of those. >_<

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh aki! i love the french quarter. so beautiful how it lights up. shanghai is really nice. lots of shops and different things to buy. i can't wait to see your review. you looked cute. i kept laughing as you were critiquing your pictures. glad you had a great time.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the French Quarter for the same reason too! I'll post reviews once I use some of my stuff!

      Delete
  16. i'm in love with this!

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great photos! I have never been to Shanghai before but it's definitely on my places to visit list. I like how some of the places are designed to look a bit more old and the architecture reflects the style of historic Shanghai :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great blog ;*
    I follow you, can you follow me back? http://fashion-by-anita.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice photos:) If you want go to my blog:)
    http://asunshineoffashion.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello! i like your blog! Im following you now on GFC and Bloglovin, If you like my blog please follow me back!


    XoXo

    www.shoesandbasics.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!