Thursday, September 27

Leibster Award

Many thanks to Kumiko Mae from Loving Sunshine for passing on this award!


Basically, you share 11 facts, answer 11 questions, create 11 more and tag 11 people! Let's get started. 

My Facts:
1. This is probably no surprise, but I love painting my nails. 
2. I'm in a graduate program right now!
3. I've lived in Arizona for almost 13 years!
4. My favorite kinds of romance movies are ones where the couple doesn't get together.
5. I like to have a LARGE desk for studying. And I just purchased one from IKEA.
6. I saw a power tool in use for the first time in August.
7. I don't believe in long distance relationships. 
8. I'm a pretty messy person.
9. I think the oxford comma is a stuffy outdated rule that can make things more confusing. And that we need to get rid of it. 
10. I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things that don't matter. 
11. I'm constantly worried about not losing batteries in my electronics.


My Questions: 
1. What's your favorite book and why? 
The Sherlock Holmes series. Because I love mystery and I love the characters.

2. If you can be born again to a life of your choosing, what would it be like and where will it be? If different period, you might want to share the period too! Be creative! 
Probably 1920s Shanghai. I'd probably learn to dance. 

3. What are you saving up for right now? 
This is probably pretty shallow, but a pair of Corso Como Del shoes. 

4. What were you like in high school (if still in high school, in grade school then)? 
Strange, like I am now, but with not as much of a desire to fit in. 

5. What are your thoughts on bullying (online especially, let me know if you've experienced it or know someone who have!)? 
I have experienced it only a bit during elementary school. I was made fun of by some of my peers because I didn't speak English. But I got over it. I think online bullying is a fine line. Some people can't take criticism at all. Others are ruthless in their comments. 

6. Why do you blog?
See my solution

7. How do you unwind? 
Sleep. Watch TV and eat. Nothing exciting or special here.

8. What's the most irritating thing for you? 
Recently, it's high maintenance people. People who are obsessed with how others see them and take great care to do opinion-control. It just seems so fruitless and talking about people about these things makes me feel really self-conscious and tired.  

9. If there's one thing you can change about yourself, what would it be and why? 
I'd get a longer attention span. That way, I would be able to work really hard on things. This is part of the reason I'm scared to actually work. I can't keep my mind on one thing for very long at all.  

10. What are your thoughts on mermaids? 
Mermaids ARE AWESOME. I've always thought that mermaids were awesome. I think it had to be some fantasy story that  I read in my childhood.  

11. What's the most remarkable thing that ever happened to you so far?
Okay, this is kinda mushy. But I think it's my boyfriend. I never thought that there's someone that awesome out there. He's my friend and my ally in life. We haven't been together too long, but so far it's been such a ride. 

Your Questions:
1. What is your favorite Nicholas Cage movie?
2. What is your favorite Nickelback song?
3. Do you find yourself using internet memes in daily speech? 
4. About how many make up products do you find yourself wearing daily? None? About 5? About 10? More?
5. Earrings, bracelets, or necklaces? 
6. Do you bruise easily?
7. Do you burp in front of your significant other? 
8. Do you still lick envelopes?
9. What sound do you hate? Something that just irritates you so much! (Popping gum, smacking lips, etc)
10. Where do you want to be a year from now?
11. When do you think is the best age/stage in life to move in with your significant other?

I Tag:
monica
rooth
Nic Nic
Bravoe Runway
Champagne Star
Cassykins
Elle Sees
songbird
Joyce
Angelica Ng
WitchHazel

12 comments:

  1. thanks for tagging me! I can't stand the sound of people sucking their fingers like Cheetos dust off their fingers. It makes me want to die. slight exaggeration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I think I do that... but I don't notice that I make a sound.

      Delete
  2. congrats on the award! I liked to read your answers:) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the award!!! ! ^__^ I've been away for a while so just noticed your new blog layout and I love it! xx

    Chippy Cakes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much. I'm really loving it too.

      Delete
  4. congrats on this award, how about we follow each other?
    http://rock4less.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the award . It's always fun learning new things about you. My desk from ikea is kind of small. In the future I would like to have a bigger desk to work on :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on the award..and thanks for passing it on to me!you have asked some interesting questions..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the award and thanks for passing it on to me. Sherlock Holmes is definitely one of my favourites as well. Your questions are pretty interesting - I'm looking forward to answering them

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen to longer attention span....i barely made it through this post (not because it's boring obviously).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh aki! Thanks again for another award. You're really too sweet.

    Man, I really should get around to reading the Sherlock Holmes series. Watching it is great, but everyone knows reading is better!

    http://red-soledfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for the tag!! It was interesting to hear your answers too!! LOL @ Nicholas cage movie question - I am very bad at doing tags.. will try and do it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!