Tuesday, October 30

Halloween Inspired Nails - Splatter!

This is the last look in my series on Halloween Nails! For more inspiration, check out Candy Corn Nails and Stitches on your nails! I did this look with black and white, but guess what else you can do it with? Blood red.



Either way, this is a super eye-catching look that is prop intensive, but easy to recreate. First, you want to paint your nails in a base color. 

Second, grab a straw. Any can work. Take the nail polish you want to splatter and coat the inside of the straw, opposite of where your mouth would go to blow. There's a lot of theories about this step. Other ways of doing it include dipping the straw into the polish itself and dipping the straw into a puddle of polish set aside. I find that coating the inside doesn't waste as much polish (unlike creating a puddle). It doesn't give you too much polish (like dipping your straw into the bottle itself) or too little. Lastly, coating the inside of your straw ensures that you'll have something to blow from inside the straw. It's more effective than coating the inside and the outside. 

The last step to all this is the clean up. I simply took a shower afterwards. The hot water helped me peel the mess of nail polish away. The little specks of black in the picture above are the only things left over from a BIG mess. If you want to be a bit more neat than I am, others have wrapped their fingers up in tape or coated each digit in Vaseline. I recommend the Vaseline

Have you seen these manicures around before?  Any tips of your own to add?

19 comments:

  1. how cool! you made cool mani in these days!:) kisses! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow those are awesome!


    http://www.counttofour.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great manicure.

    Lovely blog! I am a follower from Arizona Bloggers Network, please feel free to visit and follow my blog:
    http://www.azlifeandstyle.com/

    Thank you,

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what this reminds me of?

    http://pinterest.com/pin/136867276145194114/

    ;) Looks awesome, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. One of my favorite comments ever!

      Delete
  5. That looks really cool!
    Happy Halloween (: x

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh love the splatter look! very appropriate for halloween! happy halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes!
    put something around your nails like petroleum jelly or chapstick. or tape. makes cleanup a cinch. i just dip a toothbrush in the paint and flick with my finger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find the toothbrush method messier actually.

      However, I think it does give you much finer splatter.

      Delete
  8. thanks for the comment on my blog
    Would u like to follow each other?
    Love you blog xx
    http://www.wejustfighttoomuch.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so cute! it's sort of mod too i love it :)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice blog ^^ loves it))

    follow me and i will follow you))
    http://amenfashion-christy.blogspot.cz/

    xoxo Christy

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your nails. will definitely do this. :"> followed you, mind to follow back? :>

    ofloveandsmiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is perfect! I'm a fan of white colored nails and as well black so combined together is awesome!

    thanks for dropping by my blog :)
    joined your list of followers

    Carissa
    flightvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!