Thursday, October 18

Las Vegas Star Trek Convention

I mentioned a while ago that I was going to Las Vegas for a weekend! What did I do there? I went to a Star Trek Convention! 

The Convention was held at the Rio Grande Hotel, just off the strip. It was much smaller than the Phoenix ComicCon! Apologies for the blurry photo below, I actually didn't take too many pictures of the event.



One of the panels I was really excited for was Trek Girls. You can see the panelists in the picture below. They talked about what it was like to be a female Star Trek fan.

I had expected to see a ton of vendors there but I was disappointed... there weren't too many.

Nevertheless, we saw a lot of interesting cosplays and brought a few pieces of nerdy merchandise.

I'm so upset that I didn't grab a clear picture of this, but isn't this cosplay so detailed?

I didn't realize before attending how old the Star Trek fandom was. In addition to the fact that the age of con-goers was over 28, the merchandise was also very old.

Nonetheless, some of the merchandise was very amusing.

While this convention was definitely fun, it wasn't so amazing that I would try to make the drive again.

20 comments:

  1. That stinks that the convention wasn't as big as you were hoping. It looks kind of neat, though. I was never what I would call a Star Trek "fan," but the show will always hold a special place for me as I watched it with my dad when I was younger (before we became estranged)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's how a lot of people my age were introduced to it. I was introduced to it even later... when the new reboot came out in 2009. But, I like it because I choose to like it myself.

      Delete
  2. I'm not quite a Star Trek fan, but I think conventions are super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol how cool! I remember you are a Star Trek fan:) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, StarTrek Convention! Sounds like space loads of fun, the costumes and crazy merchandise must have been amazing to see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like such a fun event! amazing photos!

    http://sarassweetstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope i were there!!! big fans of star trek!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing post and photos
    http://rock4less.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful photos! if you want go to my blog:)
    http://asunshineoffashion.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha looks like fun! I've always wanted to go to a convention :)

    metallicpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. looked like a cool invention, my brother would be in awe, seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahem, maybe not for a convention, but we are definitely going to vegas again sometime

    ReplyDelete
  12. Might be a bit smaller since trek isnt as big as it used to be, never seen one myself though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry it didn't live up to expectations. I haven't been to one of these cons before but think that one is in my near future.. Comicon in San Diego anyone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely trying to go... like every year.

      Delete
  14. i've always wanted to go to one of those! hahaha sorry it wasn't the best.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seems like a fun adventure. I'm glad you were at least able to see what it was like :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a fun time. I could never get into Star trek, but my husband is a fan.


    *Erin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!