Wednesday, October 31

Makeup for the Zombie Apocalypse

I know some girls who won't leave the house without makeup; I also know others who look significantly different without makeup; Additionally, makeup gives girls, myself included, more confidence. Now, you might be thinking that if you're in a life and death situation like a Zombie Apocalypse, you may not need makeup... but here's where we'll separate the survivors from the brainfood.
via weheartit

Reasons to Wear Makeup

1. So your friends and family can recognize you. So, say you're one of those people who generally wears a heavy makeup look. Your friends have grown used to seeing you this way. If all of a sudden, you change that look and become unrecognizable, you may be left behind. Now, I don't know if you have a zombie survival plan or not, but essential in any plan is to STICK TOGETHER. How do you stick together if no one knows who you are? 

2. Look alive! Why did we start wearing makeup in the first place? As women, we wanted to attract men by appearing healthy and have their babies, right? Well, in a Zombie Apocalypse, what is more important than looking healthy and alive? I've often been told that I don't have very much color if my face if I don't wear blush. Imagine this scenario. I'm walking around, looking for help and a sniper somewhere mistakes me for a zombie because I don't have color in my cheeks. Boom, headshot. And there I go. Blush, bronzer and lipstick can save your life. 

3.  Mind over matter in confidence. I'll admit. I don't have a Apocalypse Survival Plan. That means I'll need all my wits about me. I'll have to act fast, be physical, and believe in myself. Hey, if a little bit of eyeliner can help me outrun the undead, I'll use it. 

4. Extra tip: Keep it down on the eyeliner (we don't want dead looking eyes here!) and the blood red lipstick. Who's to tell if you just bit off an arm or touched up your MAC Russian Red?


Happy Halloween!

16 comments:

  1. This was amazing, but the extra tip really made me LOL. Now I want to buy Russian Red just to say I have "freshly eaten arm" lips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the sweet blog!! What a great blog you have! Would you like to follow each other on gfc and bloglovin!!

    The Closet 365

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cracking up! I love this post!

    Happy Halloween!

    Shia

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHA Aki! Great advice! We definitely should set ourselves apart from the zombies. HAHAHA Happy Halloween!!! I definitely don't want to be brain food.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol! Love this, Aki!
    Happy Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice tips Ms. Aki! I only wear make-up on super special occasions, I'm a lip balm girl. ヅ

    ReplyDelete
  7. looking more alive is def one of the primary reasons why i wear makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds really sad when you put it that way, but I totally know the feeling.

      Delete
  8. Haha, this is cute. I am one of the lazies that rarely wear makeup - I'd be so screwed during the zombie apocalypse

    ReplyDelete
  9. i do wear make up if i go out, but not too heavy! i want to keep my look fresh.

    It’s a GIRL Thing

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to use so much makeup and it's weird to look at old pictures. Nowadays I'm so lazy that all I do properly is mascara on my top lashes and that's it. Great advice, though!

    Hitchcockesque blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never wear mascara, but I recently got a tube, so I'll have to try that out.

      Delete
  11. ....where does Dr. Pepper chapstick put me on the survival list? I assume zombies don't particularly like Dr. Pepper haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. HAHAHA this post gave me a good giggle :P People sometimes ask me why I bother with blush but they don't seem to get that I actually look pale and lifeless without it! Great post :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. loved reading this!!!i should make an apocalypse survival plan man!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!