Tuesday, October 16

Revisiting my Goals

You can set goals, but unless you revisit them, they probably won't go anywhere. That's my philosophy with the "Solutions" behind this blog. 


via weheartit
Writing: To Improve
Not sure about this one. Some blogs have great content and engaging writing, but I feel like this isn't one of those. I write the way I speak, so I think it really makes more sense if you actually know me. What do you guys think? How can I improve my writing here?

Food: To Eat and Cook
I've improved on this SO MUCH. When I first moved out sophomore year of college, I had no idea how to cook. I brought meals, tried to make Chinese food and ate microwaved food all the time. Now, I subscribe to a handful of cooking blogs--I know what I like to eat and make and I know what I'm not so good at. And, after years of burning onions, I finally learned how to caramelize!

Apartment: Home Improvement
A total failure. I've lived in my apartment for three years now and I have one picture on the walls and that picture was put up in the last 3 months. I also installed curtains within the last week. I'm in the process of adding a new study desk to my room and looking for other DIY projects I could possibly do. 

Style: To buy, and make it worthwhile
I think that my style has changed drastically from the beginning of college. My style continues to change a little, but what I've been finding lately is that though my style changes little, my body is changing more. I'm conflicted about getting new clothes or exercising to try to lose weight... which brings me to my next topic. 

Health: To Exercise and Eat Healthy
I've been doing a little, here and there. I try not to snack as much. I'm more conscious of what I snack on. I try to go hiking during the weekends and I make an effort to work out. Still though, all I notice is that I'm getting more out of shape (in terms that I can't do what I used to) and that I continue to grow out of any and all jeans. I haven't made this issue as public on the blog because I'm not sure just what to do here. I'd appreciate any ideas here too!

Lastly, one of the parts of my physical appearance that I continue not to put any effort in is my hair. I could still use some hair tips!

17 comments:

  1. cannot be more agreed with the quote and all you said! but I think your blog is very lovely written!:) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for carmelized onions! Yum~ I think your writing style is okay. I think people like to see lots of pictures with posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey aki! as far as decorating. take a moment and sit in each room that you would like to decorate. what do you envision it to be? what would you like to see in it? make notes and then pull those ideas together. in regards to exercising you seem to be getting a lot. are you gaining muscle (from the hiking etc.)? maybe that's why? look up exercises to do that won't bulk you up, but will make you lean. it could be the type of exercises you do. hmmm, hair. do you know someone that has a great haircut you like? does she go to a particular salon? go there, speak with a beautician and tell her you would like a change. especially if she's done a great job on the hair of one of your friends :) hope this helps.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for all your tips!

      I just got my hair cut today!

      Delete
  4. Great goals. I like reading your blog because you write the way you talk. When I read blogs that are too serious or too...proper?...it's not as interesting! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on the onions!!dance around a bit!
    as far as writing goes i feel this too..i think my cooking has improved and i have an idea about how flavours work and all..i eat pretty healthy though it is difficult for me to lose weight due to various health reasons..but doing a bit of free hand excercises help in toning up..i think you should buy clothes that fit you at the time of buying..and buy them if you need new stuff don't put it off for when you lose a few inches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've started buying new jeans. They are so much more comfortable.

      Delete
  6. Ah I think making solutions and goals are quite important for knowing more about yourself and improve ^v^ I think you did well ! I like the way you write btw. Ah I tend to write differently after finishing a different book haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. With regards to writing, it's difficult to find your true voice or even the voice that you are trying to blog with - keep up with the posting and you'll get there. I'm with you on eating healthy and exercising. I'm in a funk where I think I'm burned out from running. Maybe finding a workout buddy is what I need to do

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey girl i am really trying to eat healthy myself, i have been trying to eat less processed foods and eat more frequently, it seems to be working well good luck!

    p.s. i have a giveaway going on if you want to check it out: http://www.jumpintopuddles.com/2012/10/11-eureka-giveaway.html

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great goals! Good luck with them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved reading this...I have several things I need to change myself. I really need to start exercising. I NEVER work out and I know I would feel much better if I did!
    And thanks so much for stopping by my blog--I really hope that we can keep in touch!!
    Allison
    A's Fashion Files
    Shop Kawaii Kitsch by A on Etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Reading this was almost like talking to myself about what I need to do. So thanks for the reminder I guess... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's amazimg to set goals and keep them!!!! I have quited making list ...I am not this kind of type! Ps thanx for your sweet commet! Shall we follow each other with bloglovin?

    http://so-st-yle.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great, my dear!

    Gladly follow you :)

    Kisses,

    Nicole

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
  14. We love blogs that are written casually and how the writer speaks in real like. They are the blogs that are so easy to read and understand because they just flow. You do a great job!!

    Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!