Tuesday, November 27

Food Bites: Blue Wasabi, Takamatsu, Sakana Sushi and Grill

Here are a few shots from a few local Arizona restaurants! First up, Blue Wasabi!

Blue Wasabi is a restaurant in Gilbert, an area I used to visit often but haven't been in a few years. All my friends from there moved away! It's a sushi restaurant but what's most notable about it is that their wasabi is blue. When I went there, they were offering a happy hour where wearing blue got you half off of certain drinks. Pretty neat! Their sushi was good and creatively named. We got the Gordon Gecko.



Their wasabi was a strange, offputting color. More of a teal than a blue.

Next, Takamatsu! It's a Korean BBQ place. I had the weirdest hankering for Korean BBQ so I dragged a friend (who ended up disliking the foods. WHAT?) I'm not a fan of kimchi, but most of the side dishes weren't bad. 

We got 2 kinds of meat, both beef, and I thought they were amazing.

Meat + lettuce + rice. It's so perfect. I'd definitely come to this little place again. Not sure how many Korean BBQ places are in AZ, but my family always comes to this one.

Lastly, Sakana Sushi and Grill. This place has awesome lunch specials. It was actually recommended to me by my mother. So, take a look at the following picture.

Pretty big platter of food right? Definitely more than one individual's worth. How much was this? 9.95, I think. You get 2 small salads, several pieces of chicken, stuffed peppers, a roll of sushi, a fish fillet! and a dessert.  Crazy deal. 


I got the sashimi platter. This was slightly less of a great deal at 12.95, but still. The cuts were SO large and juicy and yummy. The tuna in the lower left was flavored and seasoned really well too.



47 comments:

  1. I never get tired of sushi! I don't know about that teal wasabi, though! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love Japanese food. Can't get enough sushi.

    By the way, I wrote this post because of your suggestion a long time ago:

    My Husband and I are Separated, but only...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I really enjoyed that post.

      Delete
  3. yum yum...and wow the wasabi color!~ so unique ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo i miss korean bbq, i love bbqing pineapple slices

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg so much yummy-ness! That teal wasabi looks awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww! so yammy! I'm hungry already just by looking at it!

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog
    P.S. I'm hosting a glasses giveaway on my blog here check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yum you made me so hungry!:) all looks very good!:) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, i really wanna try that funky colored wasabi... and oh man korean BBQ is the best! I cant believe your friend didnt like it!

    -liv
    http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog, I follow you on GFC, I hope you follow me too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What?! Who doesn't like Korean bbq??? What's not to like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no clue! I think it's marinated delightfully!

      Delete
  11. in this case, mother knows best! that last restaurant...oh my good the food looks amazing aki!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks yummy! Good thing it's our lunchtime! :-)

    Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks great!

    We're currently holding an international giveaway on our blog if your interested!

    Sita & Radha xx
    http://buttonsapart.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love sushi. All this food looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. SU-SHI, drool... I've been on a sushi eating fest the last 2 weeks and still can't get enough. Have you tried a roll with lime? It sounded funny at first but that citrus kick is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't... but I'd be willing to give it a try. I had a really really weird sushi roll with passion fruit on it and that was amazing. I trust people know what they're doing.

      Delete
  16. YUM YUM YUM...Okay now you've made me want to go Korean bbq-ing. Great photos, I really like all your food posts :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. YUM! It all looks so incredible!
    I adore your blog, would you like to follow each other?
    km-iamyou.blogspot.com.au
    xx.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Blue Wasabi sounds interesting ! 9.95 for a large platter of good food is a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i don't think i will ever try sushi.i don't like fish anyway.but that 9.95 platter!that is huge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. yum! all that food has left me hungry!

    shop: http://www.counttofour.etsy.com
    blog: http://www.counttofour.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay for happy hour c: The
    teal looking wasabi looks pretty
    on the eye, but I wonder if its
    too artificial.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. The maki roll looks so yummy :) xA

    ReplyDelete
  23. looks delicious! apart from the wasabi that has a strange color haha

    <3

    ps. we are now having a wonderful Kenzaa give-away!

    ReplyDelete
  24. that food is so mouth-watering!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This looks so unique!

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. great post!

    http://www.thehandbagconcept.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. haha never seen wasabi in that electric blue shade...kind of like a rare gem or something lol. the sushi looks yummy!

    metallicpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. YUMMY!!! it's been a while since i had japanese!! now I'm craving! hahaha! :D and that wasabi is quite alarmingly too teal! hahaha!

    Click me for my NEW BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  29. ohmygosh, i'm so hungry right now! i want some!!! ;)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. This looks so GOOD !!

    Love,

    Janice
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow, this post is making me hungry! The korean bbq place sounds really good--I've never had that before!

    ReplyDelete
  32. ahh that sushi looks so amazing!! :)

    happyleeliving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. wowwww!!! I love the look of the food and I am honestly craving! The picture is very clear, almost touchable and eatable!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh yum those sushi rolls look so delish!

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. That looks so delish :) love sushi!

    ReplyDelete
  36. lol i have never seen a wasabi of that sort in japan.. it's usually green cos they grate from a a wasabi root ... so teal green is not exactly what I thinking of! LOL. sushi looks delish tho!

    ReplyDelete
  37. oh my gosh what is wrong with that wasabi color?!
    I just had to comment when I saw that picture. ewwww >___<

    haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!