Saturday, December 22

A Review on Terry Cloth Insoles

I got this from Aldo after hearing about it on another website. Here's what ALDO's website has to say:
These terry cloth insoles help keep feet cool and fresh. Their terry lining helps absorb sweat and latex backing is specially treated to eliminate odors. 
I got them because at the end of everyday, I always slid forward in my heels and I desperately wanted not to. 


These are made with terry cloth, for the part that touches your food. The bottom has a rubber sole sewn on to the terry cloth. 

First Reaction? Awful! These took up all the extra room in my shoes and pinched my toes. Then I realized that of course it would as it was adding extra cushioning to the bottom. So, I wore them out for a day. They do what they say in keeping me from sliding forward in my heels, but they are NOT helpful when I want to walk. The sole shifts and then folds over itself, proving very uncomfortable. Good for standing, not walking. 

I wore them with two pairs of shoes, same result. I already didn't love them. Then, when I was peeling them out of my shoe one day, the bottom rubber part stuck on to the sole of my shoe...and ripped! The rubber basically ripped off from the middle of the sole. I threw these away. I'm thinking of trying similar insoles, but just for the ball of your feet. 

Have you tried these? Did you have a better experience? What do you use to keep from sliding forward in your heels?

18 comments:

  1. sorry to hear these didn't work out for you.
    maybe would for a slightly big pair.
    i haven't tried these but i like the simple latex kind ball support pads. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to have to go with those rather than this kind.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the tip, I didnt know about this product..seems you had a bad experience with it! Dont wear heels often so i can help you! happy holidays dear! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. never tried it before, feel sorry for you!! hope you will get a better pair next time ;D xx

    Letters To Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw too bad these didn't work well...I haven't found anything to help not slide forward in heels (I don't wear heels too often), but I'm sure there has to be something out there to help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did a review last year on a company called Silver Linings. I definitely recommend it. The insoles are sturdy, and they're only at the front half of the shoe. They eliminate odor and add cushion, and are easy to remove.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this recommendation. You're the best.

      Delete
  6. that sucks.period.i don't want to spend good money on things like these.i hate it when something like this happens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. eek these do not sounds good! i'm glad you shared!
    xo dana
    thewonderforest.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I bought something similar today :))

    Happy Holidays, my love :*

    Nicole

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought Eric some deck shoes from Aldo last Christmas. The salesperson was trying to sell me on those same insoles, but I opted against. I'm really glad I didn't waste the money. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post !

    Well reviewed they look very soft !!

    I want to invite you to join my Christmas giveaway to win a Frenchonista clutch worth $150 !!

    HAPPY HOLIDAYS !!

    Love,

    Jen
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  11. how horrible!!! i hadn't heard about them, but definitely won't try them now. LOL
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. aw I'm so sorry that happened to your shoes! I never bought them. I was always hesitant because I thought it was ridiculous that aldo would charge me extra $10 bucks for insoles because they didn't make half sizes (December 2011).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is really silly! Plus I don't even think these would work very well for shoes that don't fit.

      Delete
  13. My solution is to buy heels with something on the ankle. lol
    I tried loads of different techniques to keep from sliding forward but none of them worked :/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool usually i just wear height increasing insoles in my shoes but i may give these a test

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wear these every day in my work heels and swear by them. I have had them stick to the sole of the shoe and rip, but only after 4 or 5 washes - up to 7 weeks of daily wear.
    I bought 4 sets about 6 months ago and just on my last pair now. They made my most painful stilettos so comfortable that I can wear those shoes to work now! I recommend giving them a chance, they might work for you too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!