Thursday, December 13

The Grind in Arcadia

I love it when fellow Phoenicians post about restaurants. Katherine from SparkleFarkle posted about The Grind a little while back and I went to try out the restaurant for myself. 

It's a very little restaurant in Arcadia, in a shopping center that isn't all too easy to spot. 

We arrived during Happy Hour and once we were seated, we were confused. I couldn't find a menu. there were only drinks available. But then see that brown paper? Apparently that's a menu, hidden in plain sight. I felt so silly.

The burgers were for around 10 bucks or so, comparable to Zinburger's prices. First thing I noticed was that they gave you a lot of meat here! The cheese was melted to perfection and the arugula was very complementary in taste. However, I remain a fan of how Zinburger does their bread. 

Let me take a moment to apologize for the pictures. It was really, really dark in the restaurant. I'm not good enough to have great in-the-dark pictures. 
 
I think these burgers are made for meat lovers! They definitely had a different vibe than Zinburger. More of a sports bar atmosphere. (But Zinburger has milkshakes so.... I'll have to remain loyal.) Overall, really good and would definitely recommend.

24 comments:

  1. i love it when fellow calcuttans blog about restaurants in the city..but this is a huge burger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, the burger looks so tasty!! made me very hungry!!^^ Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap, that burger is gigantic. And delicious looking...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The place looks beautiful! And the burger looks so good. Huge, but really really good

    xo Sootjeelina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sweety, thanks for your lovely comment, it made my day! Thats such a cute idea using the paper as menus. Thats one seriously massive burger, looks great (and thats coming from a vegetarian!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The burger looks yum - and what a lot of meat! But a burger place with milk shakes? I'm not sure that can be beat ... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to say even if they didn't have milkshakes, they would still be my favorite. But that's actually not quite true.

      Delete
  7. now THAT's a burger! hahaha looks so good! very unique menu :)
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooooh yum! that burger looks sooo delish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that's a big burger! Looks like a great place!

    callmemaddie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that.....THAT is a burger. It looks so delicious me I am so hungry right now....argh!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that looks so delicious...this post makes me hungry!

    caughtinvogue.blogspot.com
    xx Viola

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello There,
    I just found your beautiful blog and can't stop reading. Every thing is so pretty around here. I Became your newest follower and look forward to your future posts.
    Lots of Love,
    Chloe from Lobley Cottage blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet of you. It means a lot!

      Delete
  13. You have a great blog here.
    That bugger look yum!:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum... that's what I need today. A big juicy burger

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a tall burger! I want one for for lunch now :)

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmm so amazing!
    xx
    B.
    http://www.beeswonderland.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow that is one intense burger! Love it.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  18. everything looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow that burger looks awesome! Your food posts always make me hungry lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!