Tuesday, January 29

Culinary Dropout: Fox Restaurant Review

This is another Fox restaurant that I've wanted to go to forever. It's located on the Scottsdale waterfront, right between the adorable (and sometimes rowdy) Oldtown Scottsdale and the Scottsdale Fashion Square. 

The theme of this restaurant is "alternative".  Instead of priding itself on being a culinary genius, its pride is the fact that it is unconventional. The inside decor of the place is pretty weird. There's a lot of photos of rock bands on a stage (so I'm also guessing they have live music sometimes). There's also a giant purple wall and chandeliers; most of the restaurant is taken up by a large bar that extends to the patio. All the tables have cushy couch chairs as seats.  

We started out with the amazing appetizer that I try to get every time... pretzels with fondue cheese. Seriously delicious. 

I had a large ahi tuna salad with a ginger based vinaigrette. I always think salads are such light foods but whenever I eat a salad at a restaurant, I'm always overwhelmed by their size. I first tried to make sure I had even bites of tuna, avocado and lettuce, but I soon found myself just picking out the good stuff. There were so many different textures in this salad! From the creamy avocado to the crunchy wasabi peas, I'm salivating just thinking about it. 

My partner got something a little more traditional: fried chicken, mashed potatoes and biscuits. The chicken was really really crunchy on the outside, something that I really enjoyed. Mashed potatoes were pretty good but I felt like the biscuits could have been more delicious with some butter or honey. ...or maybe I'm just thinking of a KFC meal.

Overall, I thought the place was nice but not so nice that I'm dying to go back. If I do, I'd definitely want it to be during a live music night. 

23 comments:

  1. I've only ever had fondue at a restaurant once and your post is making me crave it again. It was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While it is definitely a once in a while treat... it is SO GOOD.

      Delete
  2. The appetizer looks sooo yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both meals look so delicious to me.:) I love trying out new restaurants!!
    xoAmy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I need biscuitsssss, even if they are not that delicious!!! I love them and they do not have them in austria :/
    xoxo

    novelstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yumm..that salad looks really good. lol that always seems to happen with restaurant salads. Large sizes! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like a really interesting ambience, the salad looks and sounds amazing! Never had anything like that before.Thank you for your lovely comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. cool post! thanks for sharing :)
    drop by my blog too?

    xoxo,
    Rae \(^o^)/
    Raellarina - The Ballerina on Fire

    ReplyDelete
  8. The food looks really yummy!! I really want to have some pretzels with fondue cheese now >-<

    Liz
    chewylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOOH that ahi tuna salad is making me so hungry right now!
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the kind comment on my blog. That restaurant sound amazing to eat in and the pretzels and cheese look delicious

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks really yummy!

    love from San Francisco,Britt+Whit

    ReplyDelete
  12. omgosh pretzel balls w/ that ooey gooey cheesy fondue! looks like a warm bowl of comfort :)!

    your ahi salad looks delicious!! did you know that "salads" in restaurants aren't really all that great for you.. a lot of times the average calorie content in restaurants are 1000+!! yikes!! it's sort of insane.. hahaha

    no i didn't ski there wasn't enough snow to ski.. but i'm not much for winter sports honestly :) but i really wanted to go "tubing" where you jump on a big tire tube and take it all the way down a snowy hill but couldn't do that either because there wasn't enough snow! grr!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the look of the salad, it looks and sounds healthy! Definitely something I would like! :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooooooh, everything looks delicious! especially the pretzel balls!!! :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I followed your link on Misty Mom's blog page. I love your blog and I love your pictures. I'm putting you on my blog roll. I hope you can visit mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i have no words for the fried chicken meal. no words at all.

    http://ahemitsemme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. cool pics

    http://rnrfairytale.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mmm I love food posts :) hehe That fried chicken looks delish

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I went to that exact restaurant a few months back and really enjoyed it. But my friend who took me there said she and I got much better service than she did last time she was there. So maybe the whole place can be kind of hit and miss at times??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very interesting! I know a guy who works at another one in the chain of restaurants. I guess it can depend on the type of day the waiter is having.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments!