Saturday, January 12

Looking forward to these 2013 Movies!

Most of you know how much I love movies now. Like in times past, I'm compiling a list of all the awesome movies that are coming out. 
via weheartit

Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters - Because of Jeremy Renner. This film has gotten its fair share of criticism (and I'm not saying it's undeserved) but I don't exactly go for critically acclaimed films anyways.

Warm Bodies -  Funny zombie movie. I'm all about the funny zombie movie genre. Zombieland and Shaun of the Dead are two of my favorite movies. This is a post apocalyptic rom com. It just can't go wrong. 

Jack the Giant Slayer - Right, what did I just finish saying above? Nicholas Hoult (X-Men) stars and Bryan Singer (X-Men) directs. Also, Ewan McGregor is in this film.

A Good Day to Die Hard - I actually haven't really seen the ones previous to this, but after watching Expendables and Looper, I've kind of become of fan of the senseless violence that is "Die Hard" and related. I probably won't see this in theaters, but it's on the list. 

Oz: The Great And Powerful - I'm a pretty big fan of the Wicked idea but when I first heard about this movie a few years back, I wasn't sure what to expect. I was a huge fan of James Franco back then, though, so I was excited. Now, I'm a big fan of Mila Kunis, so here's to hoping that this movie turns out okay!

Iron Man 3 - The fact that I want to watch this film shouldn't be a surprise to anyone since I love superhero movies. 

The Great Gatsby - I really loved this book when I read it in high school. I brought into the expensive life that Jay Gatsby tried to make for himself and found his love tragic. 

Star Trek Into Darkness - AHHHH. AHHHH. I went to the Hobbit premiere to see the first nine minutes of this. It looks like it's going to be such a fantastic movie. 

Man of Steel - I'm not sure what to expect from this movie, but it does seem interesting! And it has a superhero. No surprises here. 

World War Z - I am not sure if this will be too scary, but I am a big fan of zombies!

Kick-Ass 2 - Superheros, but done in a grittier, more realistic (yet not?) kind of light. I really enjoyed the first one and I think I'll like this one too. 

The Wolverine - X-Men was one of the first superhero movies that I saw... and it still has a special place in my heart. The movies in this series have ranged from average to not-so-good, but it reminds me of a good time in my life.

Thor: The Dark Worlds - I recently read the plot of this movie and I'm very excited for it. Loki will be featured, once again. More importantly, he's taking more of a hero role than a villian role! WHAT? 

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - I really hope that this will be my favorite of all the hobbit movies. I just can't wait for Benedict Cumberbatch. 

36 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for posting this! Being the movie geek I am, I'm going to watch the trailers of all of these haha! Also I'mvery excited for The Heat with Sandra Bullock that comes out in April!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're totally right. I think I want to see that movie too... but maybe not in theatres.

      Delete
  2. oh great. can't wait too. good idea for a
    blogpost. very interesting.
    lovely greets
    maren anita

    FASHION-MEETS-ART by Maren Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. my list is also similar to yours! i can't wait for warm bodies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A part of me wants to see The Great Gatsby and another part of me doesn't. A lot of these movies look great, but many will probably be seen on DVD because I am a poor college student. ha ha.

    I love movies in general and all throughout 2012 I kept a list of movies I saw, not including rewatches, and I am doing the same thing for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same. I think I only see 5 movies in theaters a year.

      Delete
  5. Hi gorgeous!
    Thank you for visiting my blog and for your lovely comment!
    I'm already following you via GFC, would you like to follow me back?
    Thank you
    kisses
    http://styleglaze.blogspot.com/2013/01/go-get-em-tiger.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't WAIT for the hunger games eeek! xo
    chloesway.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's great, i'm so excited for hansel and gretel! :)

    It’s a GIRL Thing

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhh good picks! can't wait too!

    xx.M
    www.bellesandrebelles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um, yes, can I just say how much I LOVE THIS POST. Omg so many things to say:

    1) Jeremy Renner HELLO. I'll watch any twisted movie (actually, Hansel and Gretel seems kinda cool...) with that gorgeous man.

    2) Star Trek...Benedict Cumberbatch!! Loving his hair in the trailers. (Ahem, ok, so yes, that's the only reason I'm excited for the movie. The first Star Trek bored me.)

    3) The Hobbit. Adorable Martin Freeman. A bit too many shots of his mostly surprised/confused face, but nonetheless, an enjoyable watch.

    4) Les Mis. Pretty well done for all singing! Not on my list of top movies, but another enjoyable watch. Not too fond of Redmayne's singing voice though.

    5) The Great Gatsby. Prada + Tiffany's + Leo di Cap = must see. Love the flapper dresses.

    6) Man of Steel. Anything Nolan is involved in, I am down. Going to be great...the music at the end of the trailer already had me hooked.

    And this isn't a recent movie, but I just recently saw Cloud Atlas and it is definitely my favourite movie of all time. Not sure if you've seen it. If so, would love your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cant wait to see IRon MAn 3 as well! Review them all after you have watched! Kisses and happy sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. we are all waiting for the cumberbatch!and if i see hansel & gretel then my reasons are the same..i can't wait for star trek and hobbit..i may give gatsby a miss even though i loved the book..it's one of those books i finished in one night and remember the sun rising when i finished it..the movie hasn't got the same feel.but i will catch it probably sooner or later if it gets good reviews

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm waiting for those movies too! i'm very excited, there are so many great movies coming up this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a great list of movies to watch this year...I can't believe there's going to be another fast and furious lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, thanks for sharing all these. I have to admit I usually just look week to week but it's so nice to have a list like this!

    xoDale
    http://www.savvyspice.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Apparently Benedict Cumberbatch is in the next Star Trek movie? I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much to bringing this movies to my attention, we usually get them months later than the US, but at least now I know what to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh you are wonderful! It's great to have a handy list of movies to keep an eye out for :) already seen Les Mis, loved it. And I'm pretty darn excited about nearly everything else you listed.

    Metallic Paws- giveaway up on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Is there seriously another Hangover?? Going to IMDB right now

    ReplyDelete
  19. Seriously Hangover III - they are making a third? WOW! I really really REALLY want to see Les Mis - I hate going to the movies though - if people are annoying I get so mad - so long movie and a musical - I doubt people will be able to behave that long! Come on Redbox!!!

    Happy Monday!!

    Shia

    ReplyDelete
  20. I share your love of movies. You picked some great ones to see. I look forward to reading your reviews of them.

    ReplyDelete
  21. great list aki! definitely going to see hansel and gretel. i didn't know they were coming out with another Star Wars!!! Awesome!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. ohh i'm so excited for hansel and gretal obsessed w/ anything that has to do with the grimm brothers stories! TOTES excited for iron man 3 mostly because i love robert downey jr. as iron man! is hugh jackman going to be in this wolverine? if so than i'm definitely watching it hahahaha.. and ohh the great gatsby.. i LOVEEE period drama's!! love love them!! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great calendar, I'll have to remember.

    I hope you will visit my blog:

    http://www.perfection-and-harmony.blogspot.com/

    and maybe follow if U like.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sounds like some great movies coming out!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome post, I went to see Les Mis the other day and it was amazing, I definitely recommend it. You've given me some movies to look forward to!

    catrionamacleod.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  26. This post is too awesome! i LOVE watching movies and you've gotten me even more excited about them!

    http://sarassweetstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am SO excited for Les Mis, Oz and Gatsby! Thanks for the great reminders:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm looking forward to watching Iron Man 3, Thor, Wolverine and Kick Ass 2! I'm so egg-cited! ^◡^

    Fashionmoto

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for your comment and fashion insight on the awards.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm so so excited for The Great Gatsby, but I hope I'm not expecting too much. I would hate to be disappointed. And I also can't wait to see what OZ is like.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Looking forward to a host of these movies including Star Trek, Man of Steel and World War Z.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks for sharing this list! There are certainly some movies in here that I'm so looking forward to watch and it's good to know when they're coming out!

    Jenny
    www.jensoutfitjournal.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!