Thursday, February 7

New Black Winter Boots

Does anyone else want to buy boots EVERY WINTER? I am ashamed to say that for someone who lives somewhere where it rarely rains, never snows and gets to be in the 50s during winter... I think about boots much too often. I think I have purchased winter wear shoes ever season now (wedges from last winter, and worn-to-death brown boots from the winter before that). 

This season, I noticed that my go-to knee length black boots were cracked and scuffed, not to mention the fact that the heel was dying. In addition to wear and tear, I just didn't like the patent texture anymore. On top of that, I was really wanting a pair of flat, black riding boots. However, the quality ones I looked at were over 80 dollars and I loved none of the cheap ones I looked at. So, for weeks, my search went on. 

Until I went into Ross one day and spotted these. For how much? 24 dollars. 


Aren't these gorgeous? These are from the Natural Sole by Naturalizer line. Like everything else in the line, these boots are lightly padded on the bottom, making them super comfortable to walk in. Unlike almost everything else in the line... these are rather chic and young looking. I love how sleek and refined they look. The ankle button detail is nice and simple... one of those goes with everything, you can dress them up and down type of shoes. They're meant to be worn with tights, but I manage to stuff skinny jeans in them anyways. 

The only thing I can pick on them about is that they're not super comfortable at the ankle. You can already see in the picture above that the ankle part is a bit wrinkled... and not quite smooth. It's near impossible to bend down in it. In fact, I've fallen down while crouching in a Forever 21. 

Other than that one detail though, I love these shoes. 


What do you love about boots?

22 comments:

  1. Great Ross find! I've never tried any boots ... maybe next year =)

    Shia
    World According to Shia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my favorite part of the boots would have to be the heel! They seem like the perfect height

    www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The height is great! I like that the heel isn't too chunky.

      Delete
  3. Yessss i want boots every single year! This year i wanted new Uggs, and steve madden leather boots. Never gotten around to getting htem because i kept telling myself i had enough. But it's never enough!!
    I love those boots, they look so chic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, but you live in a place where it snows and all. I have much less of an excuse.

      Delete
  4. Love these boots! Super classy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done, they are very chic!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are amazing! I need to get me some of those bad boys. :)
    Liz
    http://liz-makes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. those are so cute! i love naturalizer shoes, i just bought some naturalizer boots myself this winter :)

    http://www.counttofour.com

    http://www.counttofour.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of this brand being too big on boots, glad to know I'm not the only one.

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous shoes! I have giant legs and can never fit them into boots that go higher than my ankle. But I adore your boots! Great find!

    http://www.maitaatienza.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Naturalizer has some nice designs. Sure is worth it! How to resist such a beautiful pair!! :P
    Enjoy the upcoming weekends ;)

    CHECK POST ON SUNGLASSES GIVEAWAY. I have just created FACEBOOK. Hope you can follow. Appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this boots are made for walking! perfect and its black which goes to every outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used to have to buy new snow boots almost every winter but the last two years we've had a mild winter so it's been recycling the same pair. I love these, $24 is a great deal! I just read your last post, I haven't tried that particular mascara. I do like from Maybelline, falsies, and I always apply a mascara primer, I get the booster from Clinique.

    ReplyDelete
  12. $24?? Good find and awesome bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are hot! Such a great deal :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, such a great deal! I love hot ross finds.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I own two pair of boots and only wear them when i travel as where i live if you wear most you will most likely be looked upon like a crazy nut, because here its summer all year long.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!