Thursday, February 21

Printed Manicure

So I pretty much never do designs on my nails anymore. Part of it is because of time... the other part of it is because I'm trying to transition to a more work appropriate nail polish collection with more reds and pinks and less greens and blues.

But most of it is time. However, every once in a while, I still try to do those manicures that are floating around the blogosphere. You know, the ones that are so popular everyone has seen them? This printed manicure is certainly one of them. 



Now, I'm not exactly known for having the steadiest hand or being a perfectionist when it comes to these things. That's why I liked this one so much. First, I painted a coat of gold with China Glaze's Champagne Bubbles. Then I dabbed on some Wet N Wild Wet Cement using its brush. The process is even less precise than my beloved polka dots (1, 2, 3, 4). Finally, I surrounded the dots with Wet N Wild's Ebony Hates Chris, a basic black color. This part was the most challenging. If you want to be a perfectionist, you can spend hours doing this. But, if you're like me, it won't take you long at all. I used a toothpick dipped in a bit of black polish to do this step. The final result is a pretty glamorous look. 

And sorry about the cuticles. This winter has not been kind. 

31 comments:

  1. Wow, really impressive! You did an amazing job! Love the result, well done!:) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job aki! I barely paint mine one color. I so admire anyone that goes that extra mile.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This totally looks like it took forever! I'm too impatient but good for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get pretty impatient too! That's when I only do one color, haha.

      Delete
  4. good job! yeah nail art can be a pain to get used too but after a lot of practice it is sooooo worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute!

    Jessica
    www.jumpintopuddles.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really cute idea, I would like to try this with tiger print!
    xo
    Tiffy
    http://www.CuteLA.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh, winter is a rough time for nails, I cant paint mine in the winter without completely drying them out. :P I do really like your nails here, they looks so playful and fun and what a good idea using a q-tip! (I'll have to give that a try, I'm not very talented when it comes to nails and I need all of the help I can get.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's better now that it's warmer, definitely. I didn't know that painting had something to do with it.

      Delete
  8. super duper cute! loved it ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous looking nails. Unfortunately I'm too busy and impatient to make elaborate designs on my nails.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cool! I love it :) Might have to try that out! Lovely post.
    xx, Siri
    www.SirisLife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job. I can never do my own nails. I used to try to when I was in college but I've since given it up. I wish I had your skills :D
    http://www.maitaatienza.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't have the patience for nail art, but leopard print is definitely good for those with an unsteady hand since it doesn't have to be perfect to look great. The neutral colors also make it totally work appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your nails look fine. :) I love leopards, so nice print.

    Thank you for the comment you placed some time ago already. x

    Satu
    Indie by heart
    Join my Kukee - necklace Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi dear, i think you did a splendid job of designing and drawing on the cute leopard pattern. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love leopards print <3 nice

    visit my blog ^^
    www.luchluchcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. ohh such cute nail design! i don't have time to do my nails anymore :(

    Dress Me Up Buttercup

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the nail style! Looks amazing:)

    http://theprintedsea.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love them~ You've done so well!
    -liv
    http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr

    ReplyDelete
  19. cute! I have a glitter one today..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Despite saying that you spent little time on this, it looks great, as well as adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love these nails~!!! Super cute ^-^ Would you like to follow each other?
    http://colorloud.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!