Monday, May 20

Modern Steak: Fox Restaurant Review

I always pass by Modern Steak. It's right next to H&M, Loft, Lush, Forever 21 and everywhere else I shop at. It's upstairs from where I park at the mall. Basically, I've been staring at this restaurant for years. But with dinner entrees in the $30 to $40 dollar spectrum, I've never gone.

But take a look at these decor pictures, wouldn't you like to go to a nice fancy place like this?


Sorry about not being able to grab a picture of the entire restaurant, but people stare at you when you're snapping pictures, especially at nice places. (Also, they have some lovely pictures on their website.) The other picture I did snap was of their ceiling and wine display. 

However, I finally got to go due to a special occasion  The food was top notch. While it didn't surpass my high expectations, my expectations were fully met. 

So, before I tried the bread and butter, I thought I would try just the butter. It wasn't a bit salty and creamy like I expected. It was actually much, much saltier than I expected with a strange herbal after taste. Then, I spread a thin layer of it on my bread and the taste completely changed. The bread was good, but this was some of the best butter I have ever had. Unfortunately, I have no idea what I was tasting or why it was so good.

Then came what we actually ordered. This was a roasted chicken with brussel sprouts, fingering potatoes, and mushrooms. For that much meat, it was very light and fresh. Flavored, but not over seasoned. 

I got a turkey burger. This burger had the same buttery bun as Zinburger. I thought the turkey patty was wonderfully spiced as well. Super filling. I only had half of it.

If you're ever in the Scottsdale area, I highly recommend Modern Steak for a very special date or anniversary night. 

19 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's all about the butter! This place looks awesome, the food all seem so yummy!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love steak and I was expecting a review on the steak here. Hehe... I was wrong. Nonetheless, I'm glad to hear that the butter and bread wowed you. I always think that one could tell a lot about a restaurant just from the bread they serve. Do you feel that way too or am I the only one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the food looks so good! Glad you finally got to go there :D
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful place to dine! Of course, the food looks super delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems a nice place, I like the interior, the food inspires me a lot especially the burger, yum!:) Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can totally relate with *the people staring thingy*. Its that awkward feeling that people kept looking on your way especially with 'fine dining' places..... Same with above, i thought id see a thick steak review by just seeing the restaurant name ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks delicious! By the way, since you're in Scottsdale, have you been to Amy's Baking Company? You've probably heard all the hype from the "Kitchen Nightmares" episode, but I was just curious if you'd actually ventured inside.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that looks so yummy! i love it when restaurants serve bread and butter hehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. From what I can see from your pictures, it looks like a beautiful place! I'm glad you were able to try it :) The food looks pretty good...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome blog :D follow each other ?

    EMMA BRWN

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous restaurant- and the food looks yummy! I'm hungry just perusing the pics. :)

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. eheh butter! I haven't had a turkey burger before...it looks really good though. Almost as good as the butter ahah

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh it looks awesome, I never really go out to eat but it's always a real treat when I do!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yummy, I have a huge craving for bread and butter now! Simple pleasures xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. made me drool this early in the morning. :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your turkey burger looks delicious...yum

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this post, really enjoying reading your blog!! I am following you now :)

    Id be really grateful if you have a minute to visit me!

    www.kosmetyczna-hedonistka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. looks delicious~ (and yes! people do stare when taking pictures in nice places heehee)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!